Akhenaten (Box, Carter Archive 001K)

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
For example, also in the work of Murnane, "Texts from the Amarna Period in Egypt", pages from 90 to 93, we see the mentions of those blocks as attributed originally to Kiya, but Murnane's translation mentions Meritaten.

Mar 2019
Peterborough, Ontario Canada
For example, also in the work of Murnane, "Texts from the Amarna Period in Egypt", pages from 90 to 93, we see the mentions of those blocks as attributed originally to Kiya, but Murnane's translation mentions Meritaten.
What if Meritaten was the ‘little monkey’? Born a bit earlier than previously thought, married to her father at an early age in the manner of AIII with Sitamun, and the loyal daughter who buried her father in her own burial equipment (which he had ordered made for her as proclaimed on the Boundary stele so many years beforehand)?

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
What if Meritaten was the ‘little monkey’? Born a bit earlier than previously thought, married to her father at an early age in the manner of AIII with Sitamun, and the loyal daughter who buried her father in her own burial equipment (which he had ordered made for her as proclaimed on the Boundary stele so many years beforehand)?
It would be an interesting option.

Ayrton

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Bendigo
Curious to say the least.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Curious to say the least.
With our Russian friend there is also Hanke to check. As for I have found around, it seems that he did something about Kiya there, but his works are not easy to find. This is a moment when I miss a professional aid. But it wouldn't be so easy as well: it's not said that an academic can access to material belonging to an other academic institution [I've got direct experience of this].

But I am patient ... and I will keep on searching.

Ayrton

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Bendigo
With our Russian friend there is also Hanke to check. As for I have found around, it seems that he did something about Kiya there, but his works are not easy to find. This is a moment when I miss a professional aid. But it wouldn't be so easy as well: it's not said that an academic can access to material belonging to an other academic institution [I've got direct experience of this].

But I am patient ... and I will keep on searching.
Frustrating, but keep chipping away. The answers are there somewhere.😎

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
You know, reality is reality. What I know is that Hawass is optimistic about finding an intact Royal tomb. We will see.

What's sure is that if he found the tomb of Ankhesenamum, we will have some pivotal answers about the questions related to the Amarna Period.

Finding the mummies of any Amarna princess, named in their coffins or wrappings, would make it possible to resolve questions about the identity of KV55 and KV35YL once and for all, if their DNA was viable.

I'm still hoping that the finds from KV40 lead somewhere. It seems to have been established now that the tomb housed the bodies of women and children from the harem of Tuthmosis IV and Amenhotep III. One woman's mummy identifies her as Taemwadjes "the one of the royal son" i.e. the daughter of a prince, which is very intriguing as it indicates that princes were able to have wives and children. With so much material I look forward to the findings from KV40 to be published in full.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Finding the mummies of any Amarna princess, named in their coffins or wrappings, would make it possible to resolve questions about the identity of KV55 and KV35YL once and for all, if their DNA was viable.

I'm still hoping that the finds from KV40 lead somewhere. It seems to have been established now that the tomb housed the bodies of women and children from the harem of Tuthmosis IV and Amenhotep III. One woman's mummy identifies her as Taemwadjes "the one of the royal son" i.e. the daughter of a prince, which is very intriguing as it indicates that princes were able to have wives and children. With so much material I look forward to the findings from KV40 to be published in full.
A part that here we cannot discuss genetics [so we will take as certain clues eventual results coming from scientific teams without discussing them], KV40 actually is a potential treasury of clues and evidences. Preliminary reports are no more available on the website of the Swiss uni managing them [I guess because they want to make a bit of business, but it's licit]. So let's wait for something new.

Similar History Discussions