Aliens attacked!

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
On the contrary, IMHO the first astronomer who proves the existence of the aliens is to get the Nobel prize! And don't forget CETI. There are astronomers who are looking for aliens and that does not jeopardize their careers. Not at all. They dream of aliens and do everything to find them.
As countless UFO witnesses have discovered, those who report a UFO, or aliens, tend not to be believed, or are ridiculed. Most pro scientists have had the attitude of Sagan—UFO skeptic and advocate of SETI. As long as ET is far away, or perhaps in the distant past, it is believable. But if anyone reports him here and now, YIKES!! NO WAY!! I think the crux of the problem is that most people, even pros who profess to be fascinated by the idea, don’t really have the stomach for it.

Maribat

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
As countless UFO witnesses have discovered, those who report a UFO, or aliens, tend not to be believed, or are ridiculed. Most pro scientists have had the attitude of Sagan—UFO skeptic and advocate of SETI. As long as ET is far away, or perhaps in the distant past, it is believable. But if anyone reports him here and now, YIKES!! NO WAY!! I think the crux of the problem is that most people, even pros who profess to be fascinated by the idea, don’t really have the stomach for it.

What is UFO? That's what:

It would be strange if "pro scientists" call the Moon an alien ship.

(Identification studies of UFOs - Wikipedia)

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Blue Book unknowns:
The Project Bluebook "Unknowns"

"On December 2, 1952 the CIA’s Assistant Director H. Marshall Chadwell noted, in a classified report on UFO activity in American airspace: “Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles.”

"Chadwell briefed DCI Smith on the subject of UFOs in December 1952. He urged action because he was convinced that "something was going on that must have immediate attention" and that "sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major US defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles." He drafted a memorandum from the DCI to the National Security Council (NSC) and a proposed NSC Directive establishing the investigation of UFOs as a priority project throughout the intelligence and the defense research and development community. (23) Chadwell also urged Smith to establish an external research project of top-level scientists to study the problem of UFOs. (24) After this briefing, Smith directed DDI Amory to prepare a NSC Intelligence Directive (NSCID) for submission to the NSC on the need to continue the investigation of UFOs and to coordinate such investigations with the Air Force. (25) "

CIA's Role in the Study of UFOs, 1947-90 — Central Intelligence Agency

The secretive "Robertson Panel":
"It reviewed Air Force data on UFO case histories and, after spending 12 hours studying the phenomena, declared that reasonable explanations could be suggested for most, if not all, sightings. For example, after reviewing motion-picture film taken of a UFO sighting near Tremonton, Utah, on 2 July 1952 and one near Great Falls, Montana, on 15 August 1950, the panel concluded that the images on the Tremonton film were caused by sunlight reflecting off seagulls" :)

Last edited:
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
The worthless Condon Committee:
"Condon and his chief assistant knew before they started that they were to reach negative conclusions."

"Condon sparked a fire storm of controversy when he summarily dismissed two investigators who, not having gotten the message, returned from the field with positive findings. In January 1969, when the committee's final report was released in book form, readers who did not get past Condon's introduction were led to believe that "further extensive study of UFOs probably cannot be justified on the expectation that science will be advanced thereby." Those who bothered to read the book found that fully one-third of the cases examined remained unexplained, and scientist-critics would later note that even some of the "explained" reports were unconvincingly accounted for.

But that did not matter; Condon arid his committee had done their job, and the Air Force closed down Project Blue Book at the end of the year."

UFOs and the Government

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Barry Goldwater on Curtis Lemay:
"I used to receive a hundred calls a year from people who wanted me to get into the Green Room at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, because that's where the Air Force stored all the material gathered on UFOs. I once asked Curtis LeMay if I could get in that room, and he just gave me holy hell. He said, 'Not only can't you get into it but don't you ever mention it to me again.'
Curtis LeMay - Wikiquote

Similar History Discussions