Aliens attacked!

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Clear piece of metallic debris. Twisted in nature very unlikely from the Rover or a component of the Rover itself. It lacks the verdigris (corroded copper) tinge of the other debris.

This is the Mars Rover (clearly not part of the components)

Strange ‘shiny’ object found on Mars by NASA rover
Perhaps some kind of vitrified ejecta? Those apparently triangular "cutouts" on the piece are odd.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
In the Sternenschiff article:
THE SHIP FROM THE STARS - Examiner (Launceston, Tas. : 1900 - 1954) - 9 Dec 1950"strange%20metalli%20c"&searchLimits=exactPhrase=strange+metallic|||any%20Words|||notWords|||requestHandler|||dateFrom|||dat%20eTo|||sortby

"Schneider was not the only one who saw mysterious extra-planetary discs in the last century. THERE is also the evidence of the captain and the second mate of the s.s. Patma, who sighted a "large and luminous giant disc whirling under the waters" in the Persian Gulf on December 28, 1883. Now, almost 70 years later, a new theory has been put forwara for the Patma riddle: A flying saucer had been seen immediately after it had crashed into the sea. Aircraft experts are confident that there will be disc-shaped planes in a decade or-two. "The power will be supplied through nozzles projecting round the rim. These discs will turn and twist, they will rise vertically or tilt at any angle-in fact they will behave like Schneider's "Flying Potter's Wheel" or our present-day Flying Saucers.ONCE ONCE we accept that there may be intelligent life on other planets, then we cannot exclude the possibility that these beings have mastered

In August of same year:
Bonilla observation - Wikipedia

Reminds me of the Butterworth Letter:
SOLAR PHENOMENA. - TO THE EDITOR OF THE
When objects were seen on the Sun's disk and later seen hanging in the sky by Butterworth... Perhaps before they went into Southern Ocean.
Perhaps Schneider's "Sternenschiff" pf 1851 was one of the Butterworth objects of 1848, or from one of them.
"The passsage over the solar disc of a swarm of bodies, seen at the Observatory of Zacatecas (Mexico)".

By: José Árbol y Bonilla (Director of the Observatory of Zacatecas, Mexico).

"I pursue, at Zacatecas Observatory, located 2502 meters above sea level, the daily observation of the state of the solar surface; drawing, through direct and projection, sunspots and granulations, as well as the protuberances of the solar chromosphere, through the spectroscope.

To this end, I have adapted to the equatorial 0.16 m aperture, a projection device that receives on a sheet of paper a picture of Sol 0,250 m in diameter, as the field of the lens is not projected rather than on its surface 0,260 in the clear form. When the solar disc offers some interest I take photographs of 0,067 m in diameter, with plates of instantaneous gelatinobromuro silver

The dome of the observatory has small windows and thick black curtains, so that nothing penetrate the objective but the image of the Sun. This provision always allowed me to note, with precision and clarity, the details of sunspots and the granulations, thanks to the transparency of the atmosphere and the height at which the observatory is located, under a tropical sky. (22 ° 46 '34 "north latitude 9).

On August 12, 1883, at 08:00 am, I began to draw sunspots when I suddenly saw a small light entering the field of the lens, seen on the paper that I used to reproduce sunspots, and, crossing the solar-disc, it then looked like a shadow almost circular.

I had not recovered from my amazement when the same phenomenon was reproduced again, and then again, so often that in a space of two hours I could count up to 283 bodies across the solar disk.

Little by little, the clouds hampered observation, which could not be restarted until after noon, and then only for 40 minutes. During that period I counted 48 other bodies again. The paths followed by these bodies indicate a direct shift from west to east, more or less inclined to the north or south of the solar disc. During this short observation I noticed that those bodies that appeared dark-black and perfectly round and some other more or less elongated when seen against the solar disc, became bright images as they left its edges and moved across the outer field of the lens.

Their time intervals were variable, a body passing through would not take more than one third, half a second, or at most one second to cross the disc, and a minute or two passed before others appeared - some passed as 15 or 20 at once, so that was difficult to count them. I drew the trajectory of many of these bodies on the solar disc, marking their `entrances' and `exits' on the paper that I used to draw sunspots; as the lens of the equatorial moved, through a system of clockwork gears, following the apparent movement of the Sun on the celestial sphere.

The figure 118 is a small copy of the drawing I did of the solar disc that day (of 250 millimetres in diameter) with the trajectory of the bodies and sunspots.

Taking photographs of the Sun frequently, when its image shows sunspots and remarkable facula, I was already in a position to photograph this equally rare and interesting phenomenon: the passage of these bodies across the solar disc.

On this occasion I replaced in the same equatorial the objective of 0.16 m by another of equal intensity, but with a chemical focus (suitable for photographic work), which could be used optically and for the camera. After various tests to focus correctly, I managed to take some photographs, of which I have chosen I think the more interesting to send to the magazine 'L'Astronomie'.

While I took these photographs an assistant counted the bodies using the 'finder-scope' of the equatorial. The photograph was taken at Collodion process to 1 / 100 second. This speed gave me no time to properly prepare the filter and (chemical)baths but also the negative is somewhat veiled by the developer. The image of the Sun is not in focus, but that of the bodies, to which I gave at that time greatest interest.

Although in projection and to the naked eye all the bodies appeared round or spherical, it is observed in the various photographs that this is not true and that the majority have irregular shapes.

I said that, in the field of projection lens, the bodies appeared bright and left a bright trail, but across the solar disc they seemed opaque. Examining carefully the photographs and the negatives, one sees each is surrounded by a body like a dark cloudiness and a track (trail) out in the field of the lens, and, on going outside of the solar-disc, they are bright. That would make me believe that the bright trails of the bodies crossing the solar-disk absorb sunlight radiation or diminish its power, photographically.

In the afternoon the clouds prevented me from observing. Then I took certain measures and established a monitoring plan if the phenomenon were to be reproduced the next day.

On August 13, the sky was overcast until eight a.m., then the clouds cleared a bit and I was able to observe. Quickly the phenomenon was seen again, and during the 45 minutes of observation allowed us by the state of the sky, 116 bodies crossed the solar disk.

Following the observation made the previous day, I had telegraphed the observatories of Mexico [City?] and Puebla to ask them to observe the phenomena, but they were invisible to them.

In order to verify indirectly the approximate distance to the `swarm' of bodies, I had carefully prepared the `finder', the equatorial and a silver mirror lens (Foucault) 0.10m in diameter and focussed them on the Solar-disk and then on the bodies, while at night I was able to steer this system also towards the planets and the moon, which had been in the first quarter over the past two days. Without changing the focus of the system, only the Moon was seen with sharpness.

This fact, coupled with the invisibility of the phenomenon in Mexico [City] and Puebla or elsewhere, makes me think that these bodies were close to Earth, at least at a lesser distance than the moon, and that the parallax was significant. For that reason Mexico and Puebla would not have seen them, as they would be projected outside the solar disc."

José Bonilla Observation

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Yesterday I made a presentation at the Adult Community Center on searching the Internet. The last 45 minutes I switched to UFOs and read aloud the articles in the links in my signature and showed them a few other things; there were about 30 people there, and they were pretty amazed. Nothing like clicking on a link and having it open up a scan of an old newspaper and you zoom in --and there are the darndest things in there... :cool:

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
This remains a favorite, for mention of the metallic appearance, colored lights, the path of "fire" or ionized air, and the fact that the craft perches on top of a storm cloud in the sun to recharge! It has a "star" above it too, a feature mentioned in the article about Zigel and UFOs too:
It also appears as a spot of light when first noticed --classic:

"When first seen it was in the south, and at the time was only a shapeless spot of light"
"Over which twinkled a bright star of unusual propportions which lighted up the sky for some distance"

Richmond dispatch. (Richmond, Va.) 1884-1903, August 19, 1902, Page 1, Image 1

Zigel:

"Viewed through binoculars the star appeared as a small flat spot..."
"Sometimes the crescent is proceeded and flanked by what apear to be first-magnitude stars"

The Bryan Times - Google News Archive Search

The saucers mentioned in the Zigel article with the rotataing balls / probes / foo fighters are very much like the photo of the objects seen in Farmington

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
This remains a favorite, for mention of the metallic appearance, colored lights, the path of "fire" or ionized air, and the fact that the craft perches on top of a storm cloud in the sun to recharge! It has a "star" above it too, a feature mentioned in the article about Zigel and UFOs too:
It also appears as a spot of light when first noticed --classic:

"When first seen it was in the south, and at the time was only a shapeless spot of light"
"Over which twinkled a bright star of unusual propportions which lighted up the sky for some distance"

Richmond dispatch. (Richmond, Va.) 1884-1903, August 19, 1902, Page 1, Image 1

"An average bolt of lightning carries a negative electric current of 40 kiloamperes (kA) (although some bolts can be up to 120 kA), and transfers a charge of five coulombs and energy of 500 MJ, or enough energy to power a 100-watt lightbulb for just under two months. The voltage depends on the length of the bolt, with the dielectric breakdown of air being three million volts per meter, and lightning bolts often being several hundred meters long. However, lightning leader development is not a simple matter of dielectric breakdown, and the ambient electric fields required for lightning leader propagation can be a few orders of magnitude less than dielectric breakdown strength. Further, the potential gradient inside a well-developed return-stroke channel is on the order of hundreds of volts per meter or less due to intense channel ionization, resulting in a true power output on the order of megawatts per meter for a vigorous return-stroke current of 100 kA .[10]
If the quantity of water that is condensed in and subsequently precipitated from a cloud is known, then the total energy of a thunderstorm can be calculated. In an average thunderstorm, the energy released amounts to about 10,000,000 kilowatt-hours (3.6×1013 joule), which is equivalent to a 20-kiloton nuclear warhead. A large, severe thunderstorm might be 10 to 100 times more energetic."
Atmospheric electricity - Wikipedia

Similar History Discussions