Alternate history of Macedonia

Hello,

Maybe you are aware or not that in The Republic of Macedonia there is a unique history taught only there where instead of the largely Hellenic Macedon (or not if your Borza) we are used to, an Slavic ethnic Macedonian nation state has existed since the dawn of time it seems.

I have a million books on classical history but to the people there this is all part of the "global conspiracy" and in fact im being lied to. In which case I need to attain some of their history books.

Now as a Ancient History undergraduate hoping to commentate on the "Macedonia naming dispute" I want to understand that history fully to be able to credibly pass judgment.

Asking people on YouTube results in moronic statements at best or Macedoniatruth Forum is like / get banned for being and "undercover Albanian"
Some Albanians also think they are decedent of macedon too i find this interesting.

Now im aware of people like Pasko Kuzman who uses magic watches to travel back in time to talk to "fillip and alecsander the great tsar" but what i really need it the books produced by the Academia in Skopje, their official take on history.

So does anyone have a comprehensive list of books ( written in English) by Historians from the republic of Macedonia? and books on the Macedonian naming dispute? Or anywhere where I can get school books from the republic of macedonia (in english), I find this alternate history interesting. And it is a big issue in Greece and so far all im getting is trolls on youtube saying slavs predate all white men or Alexander bequeathed Rome to a Vlach General, never ending Demosthenes quotes without realizing the context and slide shows of lions, wolves and flags and 009 soundsystem etc etc.......

help!
cheers.

Hello,

Maybe you are aware or not that in The Republic of Macedonia there is a unique history taught only there where instead of the largely Hellenic Macedon (or not if your Borza) we are used to, an Slavic ethnic Macedonian nation state has existed since the dawn of time it seems.

I have a million books on classical history but to the people there this is all part of the "global conspiracy" and in fact im being lied to. In which case I need to attain some of their history books.

Now as a Ancient History undergraduate hoping to commentate on the "Macedonia naming dispute" I want to understand that history fully to be able to credibly pass judgment.

Asking people on YouTube results in moronic statements at best or Macedoniatruth Forum is like / get banned for being and "undercover Albanian"
Some Albanians also think they are decedent of macedon too i find this interesting.

Now im aware of people like Pasko Kuzman who uses magic watches to travel back in time to talk to "fillip and alecsander the great tsar" but what i really need it the books produced by the Academia in Skopje, their official take on history.

So does anyone have a comprehensive list of books ( written in English) by Historians from the republic of Macedonia? and books on the Macedonian naming dispute? Or anywhere where I can get school books from the republic of macedonia (in english), I find this alternate history interesting. And it is a big issue in Greece and so far all im getting is trolls on youtube saying slavs predate all white men or Alexander bequeathed Rome to a Vlach General, never ending Demosthenes quotes without realizing the context and slide shows of lions, wolves and flags and 009 soundsystem etc etc.......

help!
cheers.
:zany:

Who would translate the Slavic-Macedonian propaganda in English?!

Or better saying, who would read the Slavic-Macedonian propaganda?!

Dec 2011
Belgium
I took already part in endless "Macedonian" discussions, the first time on the ex-BBC history messageboard between a Greek from Thessaloniki and a "Slavic" minded Macedonian from "FYROM" as the Greek called it.

And if I recall it well there is already a never ending thread on this Historum forum too...

I think as long as there are that strong nationalistic positions as about a greater Albania or a greater Bulgaria or a greater "whatever" ( yes if I recall it well they spoke also of the Illyricum connection) the discussion will go on...

Kind regards, Paul.

Sep 2012
Dalmatia Interior
Hello,

help!
cheers.
I have some macedonian books in my book base. I'll check and see if there is any literature on english, so if I find anything, I'll pm you.

I took already part in endless "Macedonian" discussions, the first time on the ex-BBC history messageboard between a Greek from Thessaloniki and a "Slavic" minded Macedonian from "FYROM" as the Greek called it.

And if I recall it well there is already a never ending thread on this Historum forum too...

I think as long as there are that strong nationalistic positions as about a greater Albania or a greater Bulgaria or a greater "whatever" ( yes if I recall it well they spoke also of the Illyricum connection) the discussion will go on...

Kind regards, Paul.
There has been quite interesting thread somewhere in the forum here, where I red that actually Albanians are Illyrians, and thus their claims on entire ancient Illyrian territory are rightful. I'd be careful in such discussions though.

Dec 2012
"Alternate History of Macedonia" is quite interesting qualification of the History of Macedonia. Just to excuse myself as a first I am not Historian but I have some understanding of the History in respect to the saying "History is written by the victors" implying that it is not an exact science actually but a product of the state politics and as a tool for achieving some goals (mostly a great something).

Mar 2013
Netherlands
Hello,

help!
cheers.
The historical version of FYR of Macedonia was often written by Yugoslav historians. Perhaps you could see if you can find some books written by Serb or Croat historians.

I have to say though that what came out of the FYR of Macedonia after their independence was very poor historical work which is basically laughed at by historians of the international community. For some reason, some leading figures in the FYR of Macedonia decided that their whole existence was solely based on their connections with the Ancient Macedonians. As such, they were forced to prove the impossible. Perhaps the aggressive attitude of the Greeks and Bulgarians played a factor in them acting this way.

Anyway, this 'antiquisation' process is something the next generations of Slavic Macedonians will have to deal with.

I have some macedonian books in my book base. I'll check and see if there is any literature on english, so if I find anything, I'll pm you.

There has been quite interesting thread somewhere in the forum here, where I red that actually Albanians are Illyrians, and thus their claims on entire ancient Illyrian territory are rightful. I'd be careful in such discussions though.

thanks for any help and yes there is also alternate Albanian history re: Illyria too although not as strong in government propaganda (media control, statues etc)

Has anyone seen the latest statue in RoM? Its a knock off of the Brandenburg gate with the titan Prometheus in front of it! No joke.

The historical version of FYR of Macedonia was often written by Yugoslav historians. Perhaps you could see if you can find some books written by Serb or Croat historians.

I have to say though that what came out of the FYR of Macedonia after their independence was very poor historical work which is basically laughed at by historians of the international community. For some reason, some leading figures in the FYR of Macedonia decided that their whole existence was solely based on their connections with the Ancient Macedonians. As such, they were forced to prove the impossible. Perhaps the aggressive attitude of the Greeks and Bulgarians played a factor in them acting this way.

Anyway, this 'antiquisation' process is something the next generations of Slavic Macedonians will have to deal with.
I too find it interesting that politically they latched onto this idea despite quite literally no one else (academia wise) taking them seriously. This (i presume) is why its hard for me to get English works. And that is a good point, there will be a whole generation of people grown up on this delusion, particularly with the ease of access of the internet it will be interesting to see how they cope with contact with reality.

Similar History Discussions