Alternative alliance(s) for Israel

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
If the US, for whatever reason, no longer supported Israel or guaranteed Israeli security of safety, then what happens? Are there other countries likely to replace (as much as the US can be replaced) the US in this role?

India?

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
It's been suggested on this forum that Israel is a pariah state in this regard and that no one, besides the US, would ever deign to ally with them.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The Soviet Union, for one. Of course, that might require some concessions in order to make Israel more Communist-friendly.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
For Israel to ally with either Russia or China, that would mean those countries giving up their current relations with Arab countries. Russia has several good relationships, I'm less sure of China.

The EU would not ally unless Israel makes significant concessions.

I suppose it could ally with India but I'm not sure that gives it much protection. India isn't exactly a global player.

Reactions: Futurist

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
The Soviet Union, for one. Of course, that might require some concessions in order to make Israel more Communist-friendly.
The Soviet Union hasn't existed for 28 years. Israel would need to develop time travel technology.