Am I missing anything?

Jake10

Ad Honoris
Oct 2010
Canada
I'm five years into this, and I figure I might start writing a book on globalization in 1 or 2 years. However, this is pretty vast, and I hope I'm not neglecting a major area, so here is a layout of the sections I'll be looking to cover. Please let me know if there is anything I should add and feel free to recommend books which might help me.

Thanks.

- Introduction

- What is Globalization

- The Role of America

- China, Japan and Asia

- The European Influence

- Mexico and the Latin American Influence

- Other Influence of the world

- Historical trends to consider

- Social Trends

- The changing family structure

- The roles of men and women

- Children being acculturated

- Education and the mind

- Cities and rural communities

- Science vs Religion

- The role of technology

- Technological influences shaping the global culture

- Wars and military buildups

- The global culture

- Predictions of the coming future

- Closing Chapter

Apr 2014
Bulgaria
You can also add the "fights" against globalization: many old traditions are being reborn and many people research for their roots and culture to escape of being just human. We all want to be different and special with something and we'd love to show this something to everybody.

Jake10

Ad Honoris
Oct 2010
Canada
You can also add the "fights" against globalization: many old traditions are being reborn and many people research for their roots and culture to escape of being just human. We all want to be different and special with something and we'd love to show this something to everybody.

That is interesting. I guess changes always hurt some people, so there is opposition.

Mar 2014
Beneath a cold sun, a grey sun, a Heretic sun...
Just looking at that list makes me remember why I never became a writer. Too damn lazy, me!

Good luck with it. (I'm no expert on the subject, but it looks like you've got it covered. Are some areas less globalized than others? Might be worth a paragraph or two.)

Similar History Discussions