Amazing coincidence? Enki's Eagle eating serpent vs Tenochtitlan Eagle killing Serpent.

Apr 2017
Lemuria
How do you explain this type of coincidence between two separate cultures: same complex symbol appearing in two different unconnected cultures? The Eagle killing the serpent is Enki's sigil and yet it appears again at the foundation of Technotitlan. The Aztec creation myth is just as intriguing. Even more intriguing Lord Enki is the god of creation, seawater and LAKEWATER (Technotitlan was two islands on a massive lake) and fertility among others. So his zone of control is basically any water body, all oceans, lakes and the islands/continents even such as Australia. Isn't that intriguing?

Lord Enki (or Ea, whatever they called him but this is his real name 𒂗𒆠 ). He is pretty much just a man too.

Aztec Eagle (also Mexican coat of arm now)

Last edited:
Apr 2017
Lemuria
Second image isn't displaying.
I can't get the image to appear somehow as this forum did not recognize the image format after posting. It was a real stone wall depiction but it's basically the same symbol as on the Mexican flag. But here is an artist depiction of the foundation of Tenochtitlan. It's also a well known lore for those familiar with Tenochtitlan history.

Last edited:
Apr 2017
U.S.A.
It's a coincidence, eagles eat snakes in real life. Eagles and snakes are both revered as powerful and symbolic creatures, so an eagle (generally regarded as the greatest of birds and often associated with gods/divinity) killing a snake (regarded as a powerful and often evil entity) is often interpreted as symbolic or a religious event.

Moros

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
How do you explain this type of coincidence between two separate cultures: same complex symbol appearing in two different unconnected cultures? The Eagle killing the serpent is Enki's sigil and yet it appears again at the foundation of Technotitlan.
The image you give of Enki is not an eagle killing a serpent. The wavy lines represent rivers (you can see fish in them) not serpents. Where do you get the information that Enki's symbol is an eagle killing a serpent? This is not supported by evidence.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
I would say its a coincidence . Many birds eat snakes ; a few weeks ago I was gardening and a kookaburra swooped by my head and landed at my feet - they never do that, I have even tried to tempt them with food , they usually just fly off if I get too close . Not this time, right at my feet and proceeded to attack a red bellied black snake that was approaching me.. It thrashed the snake and beat its head in and ..... down the hatch, head first , gulp by gulp and just sat there . After a bit, with effort from the extra load on board,, it flew up into a tree.

It was very tempting to see it as an omen, the bird 'saved me' from the snake . But really, the snake must have not known I was there, as that type is shy of humans and always retreats , unless cornered or trapped . The bird's excitement at the prospect of a meal lead it to overcome its caution at approaching me . Besides, it probably is used to seeing me around by now and doesnt see me as a threat, just not interested , usually.

But it is an unusual and notable experience, just like seeing a bird fly overhead carrying a writhing snake, or also, a fish (we have big river eagles here, sometimes they fly off holding a big fish underneath ) , so people attribute things to it .

Anyway , so as not to totally rain out your parade, I offer you this tidbit ;

"The Pleiades also figures in the Dreamings of several language groups. For example, in the central desert region, they are said to be seven sisters fleeing from the unwelcome attentions of a man represented by some of the stars in Orion. The close resemblance of this to Greek mythology is believed to be coincidental — there is no evidence of any cultural connection.[6]
However, stars were commonly used to measure time and the seasons and to regulate daily activities before written culture, and long after in some cultures. The myths of the Australian Aboriginal people are, as around the world, to do with moral lessons and various reminders such as when to eat certain types of food, which is itself a cultural connection in the general form of the stories. Therefore, the study of the stars is probably the oldest knowledge on earth, such that it remains an intriguing possibility that aboriginal star knowledge does contain some fragments of a much older original culture. Aboriginal people came to Australia from Asia 50,000 years ago (well before Greek culture formed 3,000–4,000 years ago), and presumably the Aboriginal people originally came from Africa. While there is no hard evidence of a cultural connection, the possibility should not be written off, and the door is open to research to construct models of older human cultures, through the tracing of these narratives and other means such as linguistics."

Australian Aboriginal astronomy - Wikipedia

Apr 2017
Lemuria
It's a coincidence, eagles eat snakes in real life. Eagles and snakes are both revered as powerful and symbolic creatures, so an eagle (generally regarded as the greatest of birds and often associated with gods/divinity) killing a snake (regarded as a powerful and often evil entity) is often interpreted as symbolic or a religious event.
But how do you build a thriving city (possibly the best in the world in term of living standard in those days) on a SALT WATER lake and produce a vast food surplus through advance agricultural practices? Considering those who founded the city were considered dregs by the other hostile natives surrounding them on land? Not a small feat. Of course when they reached the zenith of their power they became extremely perverted, practicing human sacrifices and committing all sort of atrocious acts ruining their potential for a greater civilization. I'd say they got some sort of help but misused it by adopting a Machiavellian approach to the competition.

Similar History Discussions