America Unearthed goes to find Vikings with me in Baja California!

Oct 2014
California
TUE MAY 28, 2019: Travel Channel: Season 4 Premiere Episode 'America Unearthed' goes to Baja!

FORENSIC GEOLOGIST SCOTT WOLTER EXCAVATES AMERICA’S LOST HISTORY IN NEW SEASON OF ‘AMERICA UNEARTHED’ ON TRAVEL CHANNEL PREMIERING TUESDAY, MAY 28 AT 10 P.M. ET/PT

NEW YORK (April 30, 2019) – For decades, Scott Wolter has honed his skills in the sciences looking for historical answers within the natural world. Now, he continues his quest for the truth on Travel Channel in the new season of “America Unearthed,” premiering Tuesday, May 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. In the 10-episode one-hour series, Wolter explores some of America’s deepest secrets, digging up mysteries that have been hidden until now. Using his background as a forensic geologist and teaming up with eyewitnesses and other experts in their respective fields, Wolter is determined to find new evidence and ultimately the proof that’s been buried in time suggesting history isn’t what we’ve been told.

“Every day, science finds something new,” said Wolter. “We find new species, discover previously unknown societies and learn that the world isn’t quite what we thought. There has never been a better time to use science to solve the mysteries of history.”

In the premiere episode, “Vikings in the Desert,” premiering Tuesday, May 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, Wolter receives a call about alleged Viking artifacts found in the Arizona desert. Using state-of-the-art XRF (X-ray fluorescence) identification technology and insight from a Viking historian, Wolter starts his search in the southwestern desert. From there, new leads take him to California to excavate a supposed buried Viking ship that might have once sailed America’s vast inland sea and to Mexico to examine a petroglyph depicting what could be Viking travelers. The episode produces some unexpected results and opens the door to further expeditions into where the Vikings went and why.

More: https://press.discovery.com/us/trv/press-releases/2019/foren...
==============================================================================================================================

In this first episode of the new season for America Unearthed, Committee Films has me as a guest hosts/ guide for the third region that Scott Wolter and the film crew visit.

From the first part of the show, Scott examines a Viking artifact discovered near Sedona Arizona. Then, they travel to El Centro and the Salton Sea area to meet up with Dezert Magazine's John Grasson.

From El Centro, after 4 days of shooting with John, the crew comes to San Diego and picks me up to show them a little bit of Baja and the petroglyph that some believe is a Viking Ship! We were together for 4 days/ 3 nights in Baja... all to film what gets edited down to maybe 15-20 minutes of actual air time!

I was asked not to reveal any details of what show I was on or Scott Wolter's name until the air date was released. I did a trip report of our filming last February and today added photos of the crew and Scott: BajaNomad - Feb 2019 Trip for a TV show: America Unearthed on May 28, 2019. New photos added! - Powered by XMB

Here's a photo of Scott and me at the petroglyph:

Oct 2014
California
Yes, I am a (now) non-active member of the Viking Fish Club in Vista... my club name is Balder. I joined the fish club back in the mid-1990s. They are a great group! Skol!

Similar History Discussions