American life in 1835

Sep 2017
Jackson
Hello! I am working on an essay and have a quick historical question to help me formulate my narrative with proper historical accuracy. What was the average life like for a family in the Southern US in 1835? Also the rich? Moral and political expectancies of both? Any and all information would be appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:

Wenge

Ad Honoris
Apr 2011
Virginia
My mother tells me that when her family would go away and if it started to rain her neighbors would make sure the windows in the house were closed. They never locked their doors.

Her family lived in the Commomwealth of Virginia

Last edited:

Wenge

Ad Honoris
Apr 2011
Virginia
I was given a narrative to write on assignment. The outline states that the time period has to be 1835 specifically. I assume through various books and documentation one would have a hint to the living conditions or social standards at the time. I just can't seem to find any myself.
From your reading you can guess. It should not be that difficult to write about what life should have been like in 1835.

Dec 2012
U.S.A.
I was given a narrative to write on assignment. The outline states that the time period has to be 1835 specifically. I assume through various books and documentation one would have a hint to the living conditions or social standards at the time. I just can't seem to find any myself.
Here's a link for help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1835_in_the_United_States

Even if you're not permitted to cite Wikipedia, you should be able to get info on major events of that year. Good luck!