An alternative scenario where each state of India is a separate nation since 1947

greatstreetwarrior

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
How do you think these states have fared in these years upto today? What would be their military, economic and political potential. Also Chandigarh to be in Punjab, Daman & Diu and Dadra Nagar Haveli to be in surrounding state, Pondicherry parts being taken by their neighbouring states, Western Delhi to be in Haryana and eastern part in UP. Lakshadweep in Kerala and Andaman is a separate entity which has close assistance from West Bengal and Tamil Nadu.

Now how would the states fare (assume the separate nations to be the states of today). Also assume that there is no Pakistan and each of its 4 states are also separate nations. Chittagong is a separate nation, Bangladesh is separate. The plain region of Nepal with non Nepalese majority is in Bihar, Burma is still same, Eelam is separate from Ceylon.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I think that China would have dominated Asia much more in this scenario. After all, in this scenario, there is no united India to act as a counterbalance to China.

greatstreetwarrior

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
I think that China would have dominated Asia much more in this scenario. After all, in this scenario, there is no united India to act as a counterbalance to China.
I would want you to talk individually on each stated of India and how it would fare as a country?

Assume China to be divided as Manchuria, United Mongolia, Han Chinese State, Taiwan, Honk Kong, Macau, Tibet and Uyghuristhan.

I am more interested on how these states fare rather than the world order.