An apology to the world

Status
Closed
Jul 2017
Memphis
Nikki Haley in the UN supposedly talked to the UN like she was a gangster laying down the law. Her boss did not apparently realize it was a non-binding resolution that could be vetoed.

I actually am in favor of eventually letting Jerusalem being Israel's capital.

I'm not even that crazy about the two-state solution.

But we have a lot going on, the USA, Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, NATO, Israel, etc. have a lot bigger fish to fry than each other.

Get our mutual concerns settled and then, hopefully in a friendly fashion, work something out about Israel and Palestine.

If God doesn't crab about what we come up with, I won't either.

Aug 2014
Australia
The US loses more influence every day that this administration is in office. It has no idea about foreign policy. The damage will take a long time to undo.

Oct 2013
Canada
Nikki's speech pretty much unmasks the underlying but unmentioned value: money. The US contributed more and paid more to the UN, so it is simply not right that so many should be disagree with the US and be allowed to actually vote against what the US want on this particular subject.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
The US loses more influence every day that this administration is in office. It has no idea about foreign policy. The damage will take a long time to undo.
God help the world. The US is like a nuclear armed aircraft carrier occupied by two groups fighting for control; one minute it veers left, the next it veers right, in a menacing and unpredictable manner, while the captain himself is attempting to scuttle it. :sick:

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions