Ancient Deluge Turned Big Apple into the Big Soggy

Aug 2011
Ancient Deluge Turned Big Apple into the Big Soggy - Tech Talk - CBS News

What do think really happen around 2,300 years a go? A comet impact , volcano or earthquake?

All though I do think a big asteroid hit did the dinosaurs in, I don`t think it was a cosmic impact that hit 2,300 years ago.Could it be a deep underwater volcano or earthquake.?

Shocked quartz was discovered after underground nuclear bomb testing, which caused the intense pressures required to form shocked quartz. Eugene Shoemaker showed that shocked quartz is also found inside craters created by meteor impact, such as the Barringer Crater.[1] The presence of shocked quartz proves that these craters were formed by an impact: a volcano would not generate the pressure required.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocked_quartz"]Shocked quartz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
A volcano would not generate the pressure required.

However what do we really know what is really down deep in the ocean. Mars had the largest volcano in the solar system and looked at what happen to that planet.

ib-issi

Ad Honorem
Mar 2011
just sitting here
So maybe they should have listened to Velikovsky , instead of villifying him .

davu

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Retired - This Mountain isn't on a Map
amen ---- carl sagan in the long run did nobody any favors -- other then setting back astromony and lots of infighting ---

it should be billions and billions and billions of asteriods ------ :suspicious:

Aug 2011
Here is more evidence suggesting something occurred in the Northern Atlantic ocean around 2,300 years ago to cause a cataclysmic flood. What was it a comet impact , volcano or earthquake?

Discovery of log boat shows how sea levels rose in past.

Scientists believe a cataclysmic flood between 800 and 500BC transformed the landscape from a low-lying area of woodland into open water.

Discovery of log boat shows how sea levels rose in past - Local stories - Yorkshire Post

Fantasus

Ad Honorem
Jan 2012
Northern part of European lowland
I do not deny the possibility of such event, but rising and sinking sea-levels may have had other causes. Dates between 800 and 500 BC is more than 2300 yrs.

Crystal Rainbow

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
Cumbernauld Scotland
Here is more evidence suggesting something occurred in the Northern Atlantic ocean around 2,300 years ago to cause a cataclysmic flood. What was it a comet impact , volcano or earthquake?

Discovery of log boat shows how sea levels rose in past.

Scientists believe a cataclysmic flood between 800 and 500BC transformed the landscape from a low-lying area of woodland into open water.

Discovery of log boat shows how sea levels rose in past - Local stories - Yorkshire Post
Where do you find this piece of information, I found this really interesting.