Ancient Egypt TV Show Question

Jun 2010
Rhondda, South Wales
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I'm honestly getting a little desperate in trying to trace a copy. About 15 years ago there was a TV show that was basically reconstructions by actors of certain events from ancient Egypt mixed with documentary. One episode I recall was about a plot to murder Ramses III (possibly the Harem Conspiracy). For the life of me, though, I've been unable to find out what the series was called, let alone whether the series is available on DVD. Would anyone here know of the series?

I did suspect it was the series called 'Ancient Egyptian' that Channel 4 put out here in the UK, but I've just watched that this afternoon & there wasn't an episode about Ramses III so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
"Murder of a Pharaoh" presented by Bob Brier, were he correctly identified "Screaming man E" as prince Pentewere even before DNA samples were taken from him and Ramesses III, which then proved him right, subject to voices naysaying this....

Jun 2010
Rhondda, South Wales
Many thanks for the video link. It looks interesting, but I don't think it's the series I'm thinking off...the show I recall was primarily the "re-enactment" (I'm sure there's a proper term to the kind of series it was...if you're familiar with the BBC series "Ancient Rome: The Rise & Fall of Empire", it's that kind of thing just about Egyptians rather than Romans obviously).

That documentary looks brilliant, though, and anything with Bob Brier is always a plus. A man I'd dearly love to meet!

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
There was an excellent BBC series from 2006 called "Egypt, rediscovering a lost world", in six episodes each dealing with different aspects by drama documentary reenactments, but the story of Ramesses III was not covered.

Searching youtube is not so easy with so many people renaming videos, sometimes just for clickbait, but I do have a vague recollection that Brier may have done a second documentary a few years later than this 2004 one, maybe 08? He was the man who took on this project to solve the mystery and I cannot think of anybody else who has covered it in depth. Joann Fletcher covered it in 2013, but only fleetingly.