And Why should Norway care what Russia thinks?

Status
Closed
Oct 2015
California
I can understand how some might think that extending the US military's (and by extension Nato's) prescence on Norway may be a move away from the country's traditional non-aligned status, but at the end of the day, the Russian menace is of far greater threat to Europe than Islamism.

OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's decision to extend the presence of U.S. Marines on its soil will worsen relations with neighboring Russia and could escalate tensions on NATO's northern flank, the Russian embassy in Oslo told Reuters on Saturday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/norway-r...-following-u-marines-extension-102351020.html

Feb 2016
Japan
Russia is only a threat to the countries next to it.

Islam is a threat to any country with Muslims in it. Russia is not a threat to the UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Spain or Italy. Not really.

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US

Islam is a threat to any country with Muslims in it. Russia is not a threat to the UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Spain or Italy. Not really.
Unless one thinks some kind of massive land war is going to occur. I agree. There are too many checks and balances and any nation that involves itself in a long, drawn out massive war is dooming their economy and their people.

Oct 2015
California

Its a threat to Ukraine and since Ukraine borders Poland the Poles are none too thrilled about Ukraine falling into the Russian sphere. The only counter weight to Russia annexing all of Ukraine and posing a direct threat to the rest of Europe is the United States and Nato. Without both these entitities how long do you think before Russia poses a threat even to western Europe?
In fact it already does when it violated the INF Treaty.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...treaty-is-a-direct-threat-to-europes-security

Islam is a threat to any country with Muslims in it. Russia is not a threat to the UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Spain or Italy. Not really
Umm, Russia covertly deploying land-based cruise missiles capable of targeting the rest of Europe with nuclear weapons is not a threat? With the Kremlin's mentally unhinged Manchurian candidate sitting in the White House and Russia's growing military threat, I'd say Ivan poses the more serious threat than Mohammed. Putin just may have found the West's weak spot. By playing on the populist bigotry of the west he seeks to undermine the democratic process by covertly aiding neo-fascist right wing politicians (Anti Nato Euro-skeptics into high office. Afterall a divided Europe would be powerless to contest Russia's attempts at expansionism.

Last edited:
Feb 2016
Japan
Russia's attempts at expansionism do not include nuclear anniliation. She is deploying missiles because others are deploying missles.

I totally agree that Russia is a threat to Ukraine and Poland and the Baltics. That's why they want to join NATO. But at the same time Russia only wants to fight wars it can win easy. Fighting all Europe and the USA in a 1940s land war .... not likely.

Proxy wars in Ukraine. And other states maybe.

Islam though. As their numbers grow so will their cultural degradation of the host nation. What countries with large Muslim minorities are peaceful and stable. What Muslim majority countries involve fair treatment of non Muslims? Non.

There is a slight chance of a small war with Russian proxy forces in some eastern Europen country in the future. 10-25 years.
The fall of Europe to Islam is a certainty in next 50-100.

Christian Europe is like Ancient Rome. The pagans let the christians thrive. Look what happened to them.

Last edited:
Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
^I agree with you, Edric, that allowing Islam to exist in large numbers shall mean invasion of Europe, but, the policy is towards closing the borders against the Muslim immigrants.

Jan 2016
Collapsed wave
What do you mean by "care"? Buying some more american weapons?
NATO and the orange monkey in the WH are behaving lately as a marketing department.

No wonder people in Europe start to question their motivations.

Maribat

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Its a threat to Ukraine
The only threat to Ukraine is the USA which pushed the country to the civil war. And to all the countries you performed the regime change. And to Syria where you stage an undeclared war. So I guess you are the last person to talk about the threats around the world

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions