Animal / Human Holocaust Comparison

Inc

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
In your opinion is it legitimate to compare the two?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ90rdoCZyQ]Animal Holocaust - YouTube[/ame]

Kevinmeath

Ad Honoris
May 2011
Navan, Ireland
While I dislike 'factory farming'---- for a start the eggs and meat don't taste as good---- comparing the murder millions of human beings to the suffering of chickens is pathetic.

Jul 2012
While I dislike 'factory farming'---- for a start the eggs and meat don't taste as good---- comparing the murder millions of human beings to the suffering of chickens is pathetic.
Why it's pathetic? The suffering of chickens is comparable to human ones, we just care less about them, but the comparison hold waters

Inc

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Whilst I believe your view may be prevalent, others such as Singer thought differently:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights_and_the_Holocaust"]Animal rights and the Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

(p.s. there are more than chickens affected)

Kevinmeath

Ad Honoris
May 2011
Navan, Ireland
Why it's pathetic? The suffering of chickens is comparable to human ones, we just care less about them, but the comparison hold waters

Because if the best argument you can come up with against animal cruelty and or 'factory' farming is to compare it to the suffering and death of millions of people during the Holocaust then that is pity full or pathetic.

Sorry don't see that the comparison holds any water whatsoever

Last edited:

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
We kill those chickens to eat them. We are not exterminating them because they are chickens. Eating other animals lower down the food chain is part of nature.

And no, chickens are not comparable to human beings. When chickens compose sonnets, paint masterpieces and can discourse on the meaning of life, then we start comparing them. Not before.

I hereby invoke Godwin's Law. The Nazis cared about animal welfare and animal rights. They cared considerably less for their human beings. Ergo supporting animal rights makes you a Nazi. [/thread]

Dec 2011
Who would trade one human life for one chickens?

I wouldnt trade one human life for 100 million chickens.

Now if chickens were threatened with extinction that would be different.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
When the chickens rise up against their oppressive human masters, we'll be singing a different tune, I suppose.

In that contingency, I nominate Colonel Sanders as the head of the resistance.

Inc

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Because if the best argument you can come up with against animal cruelty and or 'factory' farming is to compare it to the suffering and death of millions of people during the Holocaust then that pity full or pathetic.

Sorry don't see that the comparison holds any water whatsoever
Why not?