Another name for humans?

Oct 2017
America ??
^ nice one, totally agree! Complements my avatar doesn’t it?

Forty-sixers, or twenty-three-ers, relating to our number of chromosomes of course.

Neotenous or baby apes, that’s what we essentially are.

Last edited:
Jan 2019
Finland
Earthlings?
Are non-human animals of Earth any less Earthlings than us? "Earthling" clearly refers to the planet Earth, and if we were part of an interstellar community then "Earthling" would make sense for humans. Or if there was an interplanetary/interstellar community, and one polity was centered around Earth then "Earthling" would again make sense. In the absence of any of that however, how are humans more "earthlings" than say, bears, or chimpanzees, or any species that is "of Earth"?

Haakbus

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
United States
Are non-human animals of Earth any less Earthlings than us? "Earthling" clearly refers to the planet Earth, and if we were part of an interstellar community then "Earthling" would make sense for humans. Or if there was an interplanetary/interstellar community, and one polity was centered around Earth then "Earthling" would again make sense. In the absence of any of that however, how are humans more "earthlings" than say, bears, or chimpanzees, or any species that is "of Earth"?
Yeah it's mostly in sci-fi contexts.

Also I don't think Homo sapiens "wise man" is a fitting Latin name. Rather I think it's enormously arrogant and pretentious. Not that it matters at all though. :D

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Homo ultimate ....we killed off all the others ( and probably ate them too )