Anthropoid - success or epic disaster

Apr 2018
India
What I ask here are your opinions on one simple question - was Op Anthropoid worth it? True it took out Nazism's most prolific executioner out of the equation but not before he was able to set the wheels of the grand scheme in motion. He was the showrunner at Wannsee. His death set Aktion Reinhard in motion from which the world (or more specifically world Jewry) is yet recover. Plus of all territories occupied by Nazis, Czech resistance was literally destroyed beyond any recovery. I'm not even mentioning Lidice.

Would it have been better with him alive? It would indeed have been better if Gabchik and Kubic could smoke him before Wannsee but is there any way that could have happened? Or human history's greatest tragedy was inevitable no matter its architect died or lived?

What are your views?

Mar 2019
Kansas
What I ask here are your opinions on one simple question - was Op Anthropoid worth it? True it took out Nazism's most prolific executioner out of the equation but not before he was able to set the wheels of the grand scheme in motion. He was the showrunner at Wannsee. His death set Aktion Reinhard in motion from which the world (or more specifically world Jewry) is yet recover. Plus of all territories occupied by Nazis, Czech resistance was literally destroyed beyond any recovery. I'm not even mentioning Lidice.

Would it have been better with him alive? It would indeed have been better if Gabchik and Kubic could smoke him before Wannsee but is there any way that could have happened? Or human history's greatest tragedy was inevitable no matter its architect died or lived?

What are your views?
Wannsee really did not make all that much difference. It was not a policy workshop. It was concerned with the practicalities of what was required for the final solution. As for the wider question, should the allies have let him live....the core thing to consider, did his replacement do a better job? If not then it was a good move. If his replacement was more focused and a better organizer.......then no

Apr 2018
India
Wannsee really did not make all that much difference. It was not a policy workshop. It was concerned with the practicalities of what was required for the final solution. As for the wider question, should the allies have let him live....the core thing to consider, did his replacement do a better job? If not then it was a good move. If his replacement was more focused and a better organizer.......then no
His successor as the head of RSHA was Ernst Kaltenbrunner. He was a rather different character than Heydrich. He was more of an implementation guy than a planner. Also a fanatic beyond measure but he wasn't a visionary mass murderer like Heydrich. He once tested three murder methods of hanging, gunshot and gassing on 15 prisoners at Mauthausen to determine which one was most effective. Also he was a rabid fanatic much unlike Heydrich who was a shrewed one. In the end he turned out to be a total coward at Nuremberg.