Antifa groups call for church burning

Oct 2011
Croatia

Text in the image reads: "The only church which illuminates is the one which burns."

Left paper: "For its own purposes, Church too cites Psalms! Apage Satanus!" (in her right hand)
Right paper: "The only church which illuminates is the one which burns! Contribute!" (in her left hand, with Antifa sign)

Militantne Antife u cijeloj Europi pozivaju na palež katoličkih crkava | HOP

What you can see above, in the second photo, is Mirjana Mirta, a Croatian "antifascist activist". Two papers she is holding read: "For its own purposes, Church too cites Psalms! Apage Satanus!" and "The only church which illuminates is the one which burns! Contribute!". The second message is a translation from French "La seule e qui illumine est celle qui brule". Photo is about four years old.

CBN states that two churches are desecrated in France every day. Church of St. Sulpice in Paris was set on fire after a midday service on Sunday, and earlier that month the St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Houilles found their statue of the Virgin Mary destroyed and the altar cross on the ground. Saint-Alain Cathedral in Lavaur was desecrated in February, with altar cloth burned and the church's crosses and statues of saints broken. In Nimes, the church of Notre-Dame des Enfants (Our Lady of the Children) was vandalized, cross smeared with human excretment. "According to The Tablet, a record 47 documented attacks on churches and religious sites were reported in February alone." German media reports the growing anti-Christian sentiment to be the result of increased Muslim immigration, but as the above case from Croatia shows, that is not necessarily the sole cause.

Last edited:

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
All posts must be in English.

Please provide translations for all non English text in the above images.

I ask no one to reply until translations are provided.

Oct 2011
Croatia
All posts must be in English.

Please provide translations for all non English text in the above images.

I ask no one to reply until translations are provided.
I have provided translation in the text:
What you can see above, in the second photo, is Mirjana Mirta, a Croatian "antifascist activist". Two papers she is holding read: "For its own purposes, Church too cites Psalms! Apage Satanus!" and "The only church which illuminates is the one which burns! Contribute!". The second message is a translation from French "La seule e qui illumine est celle qui brule". Photo is about four years old.
Should I post it under images so it is clearer?

Oct 2011
Croatia
Yes please. I don't see a translation for the French text,
Done.

EDIT:
And some people still insist that Antifa is not a terrorist group or hate group.... Just terrible.
Problem, I think, might be that it is an "anti" group. Which by itself has several implications:
1) It needs an enemy to exist - you cannot oppose an enemy if there is no enemy.
2) It has increased propensity for hatred - hating evil may be fine by itself, but it is still hatred. And that has tendency to spread.

Now combine these two points...

Mar 2019
Kansas
And some people still insist that Antifa is not a terrorist group or hate group.... Just terrible.
When it first started it was genuinely a centrist movement. But as with so many things these days, elements have managed to radicalize it to their agendas in a fairly short amount of time