Antifascist resistance in France and Serbia durning World War II

Oct 2011
Croatia
It is. But he didn't specify and Herzegovina as a whole is much more than Ljubuški, Čapljina, Široki Brijeg, etc.
Well, the Western part is, right? He did omit Serbian Eastern Herzegovina and not to forget Bosniaks who are also there.
And part of Kosovo is Orthodox, part of Croatia is Orthodox, parts of Bosnia are Catholic... I merely noted groups which, to me, define said areas.

Reactions: Castrum 1415
Oct 2011
Croatia
Both the Ustaše and the Chetniks represented Croat and Serb ultra-nationalism, but the Ustaše brutality was just on another level. THEY HAD CONCENTRATION CAMPS FOR CHILDREN. The Chetniks had no such things.
Concentration camp is not an inherently evil thing - in some cases, they were used to keep population of an area out of harm's way. I know there were children in concentration camps, but many of those were housed there before being sent for adoption. Sisak children concentration camp was created for housing refugees. But that conditions were good, they were not, and yes, many died; but merely having a concentration camp for children is no proof of brutality by itself.

Also, you are wrong about Germans having no camps for children.

Nov 2013
Serbia
And part of Kosovo is Orthodox, part of Croatia is Orthodox, parts of Bosnia are Catholic... I merely noted groups which, to me, define said areas.
Except, unlike those territories, Orthodox population is far to significant both in numbers and territory they inhabit to be casually omitted. And saying Catholicism defines Herzegovina is flat out wrong.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Some died, some were transferred elsewhere. Including, if I remember it right, to private care.
You are really making it sound more benign than it was. Thankfully we have eyewitness accounts:
1570127253284.png
1570127458702.png

Attachments