Any cases where more sources actually lead to more confusion?

May 2019
Hungary
This is not exactly for history, but homework nonetheless. Could you tell me some specific cases when historians have too many sources about a certain event/person/period, and this actually makes it harder for them to draw conclusions about it? Hope it's understandable. Thank you :)

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
This is not exactly for history, but homework nonetheless. Could you tell me some specific cases when historians have too many sources about a certain event/person/period, and this actually makes it harder for them to draw conclusions about it? Hope it's understandable. Thank you :)
That seems a paradox. More sources, in principle lead to a bigger clarification about a theme, even if they are contrary to the sources (or to the thesis) that we already had. At most they make clear that the subject was not so clear.

By the way, we have a homework policy: History Homework Help

Mar 2019
Kansas
Hitler - and who really lost WW2