Any good animations or games based in pre-colonial africa?

Jul 2015
United States
I will check yours out.

Check out The Black Archaeologist. He creates himself going back in time to great Black civilizations. I haven't watched most of them yet, but the one I watched, man I almost cried, lol. I'm sensitive. I almost cried when he told the Queen that the Portuguese have arrived.

But I have never seen Black Africans portrayed so damn beautifully (excuse my french lol) but the Kongo women, dark skin, walking with their weapons in unity...with afro, coily hair like I have...looking confident, independent and proud. I've never seen anything like that in my life.
https://www.facebook.com/BlackArchaeologist?fref=nf

I wish I knew how to embed a video

Last edited:
Oct 2015
Florida, USA
I will check yours out.

Check out The Black Archaeologist. He creates himself going back in time to great Black civilizations. I haven't watched most of them yet, but the one I watched, man I almost cried, lol. I'm sensitive. I almost cried when he told the Queen that the Portuguese have arrived.

But I have never seen Black Africans portrayed so damn beautifully (excuse my french lol) but the Kongo women, dark skin, walking with their weapons in unity...with afro, coily hair like I have...looking confident, independent and proud. I've never seen anything like that in my life.

Man, you sold me just from your description lol. I will check it out for sure. Also let me know what you think of mine :)

Oct 2015
Florida, USA
I will check yours out.

Your link doesn't work. I even manually searched for it myself and it still doesn't work when I click it :(

Jul 2015
United States
I'll be watching more of Black Archaeologist to see how the rest are, yes, his approach is different I suppose. This is all so new to me.

Yours was really excellent. I was really impressed. I know the kids in my family will love it. I liked & subscribed but could not find your FB page.

I came across some others you can check out.

AFROGAMES Burkina Animated

Bino and Fino DVD 1 : African Educational Family Cartoon Fun

Zimbabwe Animated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLBIq95QNN_gHedbr5Hvk2M91iNOSX4aCz&v=RAPb_yK28LA

Last edited:
I watched it and it's very well done. I look forward to the second installment.
Prince of Egypt, Ten Commandments, Cleopatra, Gods and Kings.

There are more out there then one would suspect. For the record Egypt is Africa to. And there was no systematic erasing of African culture. From the pyramids of Egypt and Axom, to the great Library of Timbuktu, Africa has a rich history that is still revered and being studied to this day.

Oct 2012
Intresting. That's surprising but that still isn't exactly an African based game though. It's more of an everyone based game lol. Also the density of the political makeup in the Old World makes more sense. Native American's didn't have many Kingdoms or Empires. There were the Aztec, Maya, Inca, Zapotec, and Tlaxcala. Other than that, most Native American civilizations lived in relatively small, stone aged communities.
Past iterations of the game were very Eurocentric (plus a heavy focus on Japan in EUIII), but they've gone the extra mile to make the rest of the world playable and a decent experience with EUIV. Still, I'd recommend playing a European power for your first game, conquering Europe as the Kongo is possible, but requires mastery of the game mechanics. Countries like Ethiopia or Morocco aren't a bad choice for a second game though. Just became Holy Roman Emperor in my Ethiopia Game.

Last edited:
May 2015
Sunderland
Prince of Egypt, Ten Commandments, Cleopatra, Gods and Kings.

There are more out there then one would suspect. For the record Egypt is Africa to. And there was no systematic erasing of African culture. From the pyramids of Egypt and Axom, to the great Library of Timbuktu, Africa has a rich history that is still revered and being studied to this day.
I'm unsure as to what post you are responding to. I was referring to the quality of the animation, nothing more.

Similar History Discussions