Academic Guidance Any graduate students or phd's here?

Dec 2011
Hello,

are there any graduate students (master or doctorate) or phd's here interested to (cross-culturally) exchange ideas and opinions on each other's theses? Currently, I'm writing my master's thesis and I'm preparing a dissertation proposal for future phd applications. I have some colleagues I exchange ideas with, but I feel, I'd like to have some more opinions on my scholarship and, if possible, from outside my "comfort zone". Also, I enjoy reading and commenting on other student's theses, it broadens one's horizon. If anyone's interested, feel free to send me a private message, I'm looking forward to it! :).

Greetings

Jun 2012
chandigarh
Hello,

are there any graduate students (master or doctorate) or phd's here interested to (cross-culturally) exchange ideas and opinions on each other's theses? Currently, I'm writing my master's thesis and I'm preparing a dissertation proposal for future phd applications. I have some colleagues I exchange ideas with, but I feel, I'd like to have some more opinions on my scholarship and, if possible, from outside my "comfort zone". Also, I enjoy reading and commenting on other student's theses, it broadens one's horizon. If anyone's interested, feel free to send me a private message, I'm looking forward to it! :).

Greetings
I am master student of Electrical Engineering - specializing in Signal Processing also doing my thesis

Mar 2011
Brazil
I am working on my PHD in economics. I was working on a PHD in applied math but I dropped out of that in 2013, got a MA degree and shifted to working on a PHD in economics.

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Welcome to Historum. I believe you'll find a number of younger members who are currently pursuing their degrees, a bunch of us whose degrees are as old as you are, and a sizable cohort that just pursue history because it is their passion. Some of those, you will find are more knowledgeable on details within their field of interest than those with advanced degrees in the subject. We have something for just about everybody, so visit here often and share your insights with the larger community.

Nov 2016
Edinburgh
Hi there, happy to swap around ideas. I'm a master student trying to decide on an idea for my thesis.
If I may ask, what's the topic of your thesis?

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
I was working toward a PhD in Oriental Philosophy and Religion, but for family and financial reasons, shift over to Law. From there a and MPA, and a long career in public service. My life has been diverse, and competed several degrees, but the Doctorate has eluded me.

Similar History Discussions