Any Indian kingdom that could have been a colonising invading power

Nov 2013
India
Ancient I ndian Emperor Sanjit conquered Arabia by defeating Arabs and constructed the Shiva Temple there, after that Arya Vikramaditya(Chandragupta 2nd) defeated the arabs and reconstructed the Shiva temple, he also invaded upto oxus and even china and conqured lands there, evedence is there that this great king invaded upto russia and spread vedic culture there, Prince Kalbhoj or Bappa rawal marched upto persia and also defeated the local ruler of gazani, king Lalitaditya muktapida captured afganishthan, bukhara upto turky and russia, both Mutapida and Prince Kalbhoj conqured muslim lands in muslim period of Caliphate. Emperor Ashoka as viceroy of Afganishthan used to march with his victorious army every year at Antolia, kudishthan and used to plunder those countries and countrymen, Ashoka butchered thousands of huns and kurdish people. Muslim sultans of entire Mawara AL nahar were defeated by lalitaditya muktapid of karkota dynsty. Hindus recaptured afganishthan under leadership of maharaja Ranjit Singh. Rajendra chola also invaded foreign lands. Great Empire Devpala of pala dynsty extended his empire upto the border of abbasid Caliphate. So we as Indians should be proud about these kings. Rahul(kolkata)

Nov 2013
India
when did MAuryans conquer foreign lands ?
They just reoccupied the Indian territories that were invaded by Alexander ! :)

Maurayns never went beyond the subcontinent , I reckon
Everybody please read my answer which is in page twelve, Indian hindu kings from ancient days are very capable in capturing foreign lands, please see my answer at page twelve.

Bart Dale

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Very valid point and austronesians has fewer means than ancient Indians
The lands the Austronesians colonized were largely empty of people when they settled them. While people from India could have settled Madagascar earlier, didn't many Hindus supposedly fear a loss of caste when going overseas? Obviously not all, but supposedly some did. That would have discouraged some overseas colonization by Indians.

And it seems to me that Indian ship building may not have been up to the task. Marco Polo had a low opinion of Indian ships:

Their ships are wretched affairs, and many of them get lost; for they have no iron fastenings, and are only stitched together with twine made from the husk of the Indian nut. The Travels of Marco Polo/Book 1/Chapter 19 - Wikisource, the free online library

Mar 2019
KL
the mitannis did expand way beyond their original homeland into western asia and that too happened in the second mil BC. some people will claim aryan migration crap from central asia but i think that mitannis had origins in India or western india and not any where else.

in second mil BC or first mil BC, the gandharas and kambhojas expanded earlier than any persian or macedonian empire and they established their rule deep in central asia

even if we go into third mil BC, there are clear indus settlements as far as oxus river.

mauryan empire extended into central asia, and their edicts at kabul testify to their deep presence in the region.

gupta empire too expanded into central asia.

karkota from kashmir also expanded in CA, ranjeet sikh empire also expanded, the prime reason why KPK or ladakh came to be part of british india is because ranjeet singh empire expanded to include many afghan and tibetan territories.

the expansion of religion of hinduism and buddism not to mention vedic religion happened much earlier than christianity and islam

if only indians had composed a much better historic accounts and chronicles, there would be much more information on how, where and who expanded from india westerwards, we do know that since very early times, like bronze ages, indians were expanding into central asia, indianized kingdoms did exist in central asia until islamic periods.

we also know there is a very striking similarity between the zoroasterian avestan texts an vedic texts, this further illustrates the influence indians had on the region esp western euroasia.

the history we are told about india is colonial narrative. all the rest of the facts are in bits and pieces

regards

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions