Anyone read "Germany Speaks" published in 1938?

Oct 2014
Toronto
Saw an interesting book in the library today dating to 1938- it was entitled "Germany Speaks" and apparently it was written by 21 leading cabinet members and Nazi Party officials in English and published in Britain to try to teach the British the German viewpoint and what Germany's goals were under the Nazis. Ultimately, they wanted the book to promote peace and understanding between the English and the Germans.

Has anyone given this book a try or even head of this book? I've read the first few pages and it is difficult to tease out the propaganda from the serious intentions.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I never heard of this book. I wonder if it's available for free at the Internet Archive.

What I did read was a 1937 book called "The House that Hitler Built." It's available for free at the Internet Archive, if you're interested.

Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Saw an interesting book in the library today dating to 1938- it was entitled "Germany Speaks" and apparently it was written by 21 leading cabinet members and Nazi Party officials in English and published in Britain to try to teach the British the German viewpoint and what Germany's goals were under the Nazis. Ultimately, they wanted the book to promote peace and understanding between the English and the Germans.

Has anyone given this book a try or even head of this book? I've read the first few pages and it is difficult to tease out the propaganda from the serious intentions.
Haven’t read or heard of it, but by 1938 I’d assume everything in it was propaganda, just as I’d assume anything written by USSR officials about that time was propaganda. In other words, if you see something you question, seek another source to confirm.

Similar History Discussions