Anyone Still Interested in Pyramid Construction?

May 2016
Joshua Tree, CA
Mod edit: link removed

==========
XerosterX,

While this topic will be of interest to some of our members, we take the view that we want to see something more than someone posting here with the sole intention of promoting their website. You are, of course free to post links to your website if the subject comes up for discussion, but please refrain from posting a thread that has nothing more than a link to your site. Please contribute your knowledge to the discussions on the topic on the forum and people will naturally visit your site.

Thank you,

Naomasa298
==========

Last edited:

Bart Dale

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
I wonder how different the pyramids of Central American are to the Pyramids of Egypt in terms of construction? They are shaped a little different from the Egyptian ones, and and I think the Egyptian ones used larger building blocks, but I am not sure. I know the Central American (i.e. Mayan, etc.) had a different function.

I scorn those who propose extra terrestrials building the pyramids, when you clearly see the evolution in design and skill, including one earlier pyramid that collapsed, and another earlier pyramid they had to change the angle 2/3 of the way toward the top to prevent it from collapsing, plus all the tools they found.

Jan 2011
FRANCE
I wonder how different the pyramids of Central American are to the Pyramids of Egypt in terms of construction? They are shaped a little different from the Egyptian ones, and and I think the Egyptian ones used larger building blocks, but I am not sure. I know the Central American (i.e. Mayan, etc.) had a different function.
If we compare the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Sun Pyramid of Teotihuacan, apart from the different type of stone, the main difference is that the core of the Great Pyramid is made of stone blocks, when the core of the Sun Pyramid consists in cells mainly made of adobe bricks and tepetate blocks filled with earth.
But in Egypt as well as in Central and South America, there are different types of constructions using stone, adobes or earth, or even wood.

Jan 2016
United States
I'm intrigued by the fact that the Great Pyramid of Giza was finished in less than 20 years. Considering the technology available at the time, it was built pretty fast in my opinion - they had to quarry, dress, transport, and put into place millions of granite - very hard rock - and limestones (and the degree of precision is incredible!). According to a documentary I watched, the pyramid will still be recognizable in 10,000 years (and would last virtually forever assuming no systematic destruction).

Jan 2011
FRANCE
I'm intrigued by the fact that the Great Pyramid of Giza was finished in less than 20 years. Considering the technology available at the time, it was built pretty fast in my opinion - they had to quarry, dress, transport, and put into place millions of granite - very hard rock - and limestones (and the degree of precision is incredible!).
The time period of 20 years, mentioned by Herodotus may be questioned. However, most historians think it has been build during Khufu's reign which lasted 23 years.
Taking the 20 years period as an assumption, archaeologists made calculations that it would have been built by 25 000 (Lehner) to 80 000 workers, with "traditional" methods.
An interesting study was made by C.Fonte, who calculated a much shorter work time period, with only 4 000 workers:
https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=...-PDi4B_aSnIIEqWaQ&sig2=fXrGKoBsiDeR2cj9OMD0kw
Anyway, whichever method was used for the Great Pyramid construction, all the calculations made to obtain numbers of person-days needed to build monumental ancient monuments always result in numbers which are far below than what was expected.

May 2015
Sunderland
"Anyone still interested in Pyramid construction ?"

Clearly nobody.
Except to discuss the Aliens thory (58 pages!)
Well lets try a different tack. Pyramid Energy. No, probably not what you're thinking it's a most absorbing five minute read with some excellent links including this one

I frequently encounter ingrates sitting in front of a computer saying they are bored, at most times I resist the urge to punch them in the mouth instead I point them to the homepage of the above link. If they are still of an incurious disposition; that's when I punch holes in their faces.

Jan 2011
FRANCE
Thanks for the links :).
In fact, I juste ordered a week ago Craig Smith's book "How the Great Pyramid was built", from which I think the abstract of your link is taken.