Anything about anthropocentrism

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Posts on page 1 are the reason why humans are likely to wipe out themselves and everything else on earth one day. :)

I think we should respect the nature, and not cut down even a tree, unless we really need to. Not because some rich couple thousands of miles away wants a more expensive coffee table. Animals should be treated with dignity, not like a disposable product. The life energy is in every living thing. We should respect that.
In theory, many world philosophies and religions talk about respecting the nature.
In practice, most human cultures have appalling environmental records.
Are changes too late YET? Sitting and doing nothing will not help for sure!

Oct 2016
On a magic carpet
In theory, many world philosophies and religions talk about respecting the nature.
In practice, most human cultures have appalling environmental records.
Are changes too late YET? Sitting and doing nothing will not help for sure!
Very wise and true post. Thanks for sharing! :)

This is a deep truth, the leaders in every country almost never follow any sort of ideals. Politics is often a record of the worst of human behaviour. Perhap's it's up to us citizens of the world to make a better future in our own small way, the best we can.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Very wise and true post. Thanks for sharing! :)

This is a deep truth, the leaders in every country almost never follow any sort of ideals. Politics is often a record of the worst of human behaviour. Perhap's it's up to us citizens of the world to make a better future in our own small way, the best we can.
There are still much that individual citizens can do.
For example, cutting back paper and plastic uses, uses of more durable items instead of throw away items, eating more local foods, sensible and healthy vegetarianism, are amongst a few things that many citizens can do.
I call my laptop a few years back a major workhorse!

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Let's point out the dangers and excesses of anthropocentricism:

After viewing the first 2 episodes of Life After People, I suddenly realize the fragility of human structures and civilization.
We have taken our domination of Planet Earth for granted, and have taken great pride in building our many megaprojects.
Then, these structures will crumble for an inconsequential time after humans exiting the screen.
This typo from the computer screen is a little humourous; then, do we always have the choice?

Similar History Discussions