Archaeologist and Broadcaster, Mick Aston RIP

Sep 2011
------------
When you're younger, a person in their sixties seems old, but the older we get the more we realise that it's actually too young.

Jan 2013
RIP Mick Aston

I've been saddened to hear that the archaeologist, Mick Aston, passed away yesterday. He's well known in the UK for his regular appearance on the archaeology/historical show Time Team.

He exposed many people to archaeology and history for the first time and inspired many people to study these subjects. He should be remembered as one of the most influential British archaeologists and his expertise was the early Middle Ages.

The prehistorian, Francis Pryor, has written a brilliant piece about Mick:

Mick Aston RIP | Francis Pryor ? In the Long Run

RIP

SPERRO

Ad Honorem
Mar 2011
North East England
RIP Mick, you are going to be sorely missed. Thankyou for your contribution to the History world:crying:

funakison

Ad Honorem
Oct 2012
Between a rock and a hard place
I've been saddened to hear that the archaeologist, Mick Aston, passed away yesterday. He's well known in the UK for his regular appearance on the archaeology/historical show Time Team.

He exposed many people to archaeology and history for the first time and inspired many people to study these subjects. He should be remembered as one of the most influential British archaeologists and his expertise was the early Middle Ages.

The prehistorian, Francis Pryor, has written a brilliant piece about Mick:

Mick Aston RIP | Francis Pryor ? In the Long Run

RIP

I share your sentiments, a great loss to British archaeology and to Television. I was a fan of both him and that darn jumper.