Archaeology Updates (India)

May 2013
The abode of the lord of the north
This thread is intended to serve as a newsletter on important archaeology updates from the Indian subcontinent. Finds of any importance, small or big may be posted here. Images are highly entertained. Happy posting! :)

Jul 2017
Sydney
Sanauli looks exciting! Has there been a follow-up to this?
Its moving slowly as far as I'm aware. They haven't even done a luminescence dating yet. The date they're giving out is just based off observation of the material etc.

Quite disappointing, I must say. Too much to even expect they'll correctly extract DNA and analyze that properly in a timely manner

May 2013
The abode of the lord of the north
Its moving slowly as far as I'm aware. They haven't even done a luminescence dating yet. The date they're giving out is just based off observation of the material etc.

Quite disappointing, I must say. Too much to even expect they'll correctly extract DNA and analyze that properly in a timely manner
This delay is what always kills proper historiography in India imo. Not just politics, but after excavation, if you don't properly analyze the material in time, it gets easily contaminated/ becomes palpable.

Jul 2017
Sydney
This delay is what always kills proper historiography in India imo. Not just politics, but after excavation, if you don't properly analyze the material in time, it gets easily contaminated/ becomes palpable.
Very true, something should be done to make the process quicker.

Maybe, look at privatization of all such work instead of depending exclusively on the archaeological survey

Similar History Discussions