Architecture of the Seljuk Turks

Mar 2012
Istanbul
this forum supposed to be more then just showing some photos. at least add some details below them(if you have an idea about the architecture)

May 2014
ISTANBUL
Random Photos from the first page are the tomb of the Sultan Sanjar..He was a Sultan of the Seljuks..The tomb is located in Turkmenistan's city of Merv/Mary which I visited many times..The tomb was in very bad shape but Turkeys TIKA organization restored along other graves of the Sahabe's ..I have many personal pictures about the area which I think every Turk should go and visit..There is fortress within within the walls where they were locking the women and children in order to protect them better from the massacres or raping during mongol attacks..

Ill post 2 pictures which I took during my visit

Last edited:
Apr 2013
İslambol
Thanks for your contribution. If you have more pictures, don't hesitate to share with us. I hope in future I will travel along the silk road into East Turkestan.

May 2014
ISTANBUL
I have many pictures..I dont want to fill the topic with with them but Ill post some more..Please notice the destroyed walls which is quite long..

May 2014
ISTANBUL
Kipchak Mosque where Russians massacred thousands of civilians during the invasion..Never forgotten there..

Ashgabat

Last edited:
May 2014
ISTANBUL
Who destroyed the walls ?
I think through the time they got destroyed..It is incredibly old site.Waiting to be restored..If you dig the soil just a little lots of pots,coins and all other historical stuff and artifacts comes to surface.There is a settlement under..Houses etc..Even some rain is enough to bring them to the surface..

Last edited: