Are all Gods anthropomorphic?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
While anthropomorphism more common in primitive religions, Gods in 'higher' religions also have anthropomorphic traits. Why God needs any father ( or son )? Why Gods never act beyond human feelings and emotions? For example goddess Kali feel the wrath etc. Isn't it strange to believe in loving, caring, angry, frustrated, prideful Gods? It seems that 'Gods' are born out of human imagination.
and Jesus feels love. They are (born out of human imagination). I wonder why even in this age, people believe in God/Gods/Goddesses! Of course, the list can be expanded by including sons and daughters, prophets, messengers, manifestations and mahdis.

Polytheistic religions had/have innumerable philosophies which the monotheistic religions cannot even imagine/were barred from imagining. Hinduism is an example. The Egyptian and Greek must not have been any different. Do you think Hinduim stops at the elephant-headed God or the monkey-faced God?

Last edited:

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Let’s check for jumping spiders; many people think they are pretty darn cute.
my garden is like Chernobyl twenty years after , nature is taking over and the wildlife is having a good time
I like wolf spiders , they keep the cockroaches down

P.S. this is a real picture of my place , I call her "silky "

15665534_10211745913869818_8604040782098801458_n.jpg

Similar History Discussions