Are Palaistinian real or just a created modern word?

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
Is that what happened? That's the most trite and fallacious thing I can remember you ever saying. I'm honestly surprised, I've come to expect more from you. Your posts are usually free of these type of banalities.

As to the OP's question, I would say that the Palestinians obviously aren't a made up people. There are millions of people who identify themselves as Palestinians. These people have history. One could argue about labels and definitions, but these people are definitely real.
I take that as you not actually wanting to look at the problem honestly then.

Pre-1967 and post-1967 are very different propositions for how the Palestinian and Israeli identities have developed. But they are dependent of each other.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
I take that as you not actually wanting to look at the problem honestly then.

Pre-1967 and post-1967 are very different propositions for how the Palestinian and Israeli identities have developed. But they are dependent of each other.
:lol:

Kettle=pot=black

As someone who claimed that (and uses loaded language like this) "Planet Israel," just "landed," on the Palestinians, you really have no business pointing fingers.

Last edited:
Aug 2014
pakistan
So, recently I watched Middle Ground with Palaistinians and Jews. I heard that Jews occupied Palaistinian's land and thats why they are fighting now.
So I decided to inquire a bit about that matter and found out that Palaistinians are most likely a made up term.
Before Palaistinians had my sympathies but now under new knowledge Jews have my sympathy as I fully understand how is that when foreign people inhabit your land in big waves and because of that main population becomes a minority in their own land.
So right now I am confused and wish to clarify that matter.
Thanks in advance!
Pakistani is a made-up word. And Saudi-Arabia has never been referred to as Saudi-Arabia before the ascendancy of Saudi tribe. Just because Pakistani is a modern made-up word, does not mean its inhabitants popped into existence out of nowhere in 1947 and are foreigners. But unlike Pakistan, Palestine is not a made-up word of modern days. According to Britannica, "The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century BCE occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century CE in “Syria Palaestina,” designating the southern portion of the province of Syria, and made its way thence into Arabic, where it has been used to describe the region at least since the early Islamic era " Palestine | History, People, & Religion

You are brainwashed by your western Media which is pro-Israeli and anti-Palestinian. Israel is a creation of West and is a western enclave in Middle East. Majority of the Israelis are European immigrants from Europe who are not Semites by origin, culture and language (when they were speaking Yiddish). They are European colonialists who have occupied the lands of the indigenous people (they are like 13 European colonies of America who displaced indigenous Indians).

There was a TV Program in which an American host called a Lebanese lady anti-Semitic for criticizing Israel. The Lebanese lady explained that its her who is a Semite, majority of Israelis are immigrants from Europe and are not Semitic people. The American host (brainwashed) had no idea that Arabs are also Semites and said that how can she be a Semite if she is not a Jew.

Well, I'd loved to see a free Constantinople City state. Have nothing against Turks, but I believe we lost big chunk of cultural legacy with it being completely turkified.
You mean the same Constantinople the Romans stole from Anatolian's? (the land not the City).

AFAIK there was a Jewish kingdom during Romans when they practically banished people from their own homeland. So it's just a historical justice that after thousands of years they are able to get back and re-create their own country. Is it not? And as much as I got before Jews it was just a wasteland and they made it flourish when they came there with hard work(and good funding).
And borders and "classificcations" are not just invention. It always existed. Even animals have borders not just humans.
So what, again a Jewish Kingdom that was created after they arrived as slaves from Egypt according to some and or developing from the original Canaanite tribes that were there previously.

So again, what makes you think your opinion decides a point of origin where you place that importance over the previous existing inhabitants?

Well, it's not like Jews moved from there out of their own volition. Israeli nad Jews are same thing to me. And Jews is a known word for a big chunk of time. But yeah, more the reason for them to sort it out since it all came down to it.
.............. again, are you going to accept then that America is a defunct nation and should be given back to Native Indians? or that Australia should be given back to the aborigines? or that Saxons in England should give the country back to the Welsh?

No I didn't think so, putting your entire theory as discredited, you've not thought this through very well because you've come into it with an inherent bias which is the fall of most peoples theories before the outset.

Apparently Anatolia belongs to the invading Romans, and Palestine belongs to an invading horde of Jewish peoples ......... who may I add are not and never were native to that land.
Do your history and due diligence, there is a marked difference between an ethnic Arab-Israeli and a Jew of European stock who is most likely an Ashkenazi Jew originally of Turkic decent through the Khazar's of Khazaria.
These Jewish peoples have no linage at all to ancient Israel and Judea even if you wanted to accept their apparent perpetual ownership.

That's the equivalent of me becoming a Hindu and laying claim to the whole of India as a result.

Aug 2014
New York, USA
Do your history and due diligence, there is a marked difference between an ethnic Arab-Israeli and a Jew of European stock who is most likely an Ashkenazi Jew originally of Turkic decent through the Khazar's of Khazaria.
These Jewish peoples have no linage at all to ancient Israel and Judea even if you wanted to accept their apparent perpetual ownership.
This is nonsense. European Ashkenazi Jews have nothing to do with Khazaria at all. They are a small cluster of Jews that came from Judea who settled in Germany following persecution from the Roman empire.
They probably migrated via Greece ->Italy -> Germany->Eastern Europe (Poland/Russia) route, and one of the closest non-Jewish populations to Ashkenazi Jews are the Druze.

Last edited:
Jun 2012
Malaysia
:lol:
As someone who claimed that (and uses loaded language like this) "Planet Israel," just "landed," on the Palestinians, you really have no business pointing fingers.
If you consider those words that Larrey used as so called 'loaded language', then you also hv to consider the words used in the very OP question itself, i.e. 'Are Palestinians real?' & 'just a created modern word' as cases of 'loaded language'.

Jun 2017
Connecticut
Neither what language they speak & nor what faith they keep, currently, completely annihilate Palestinian claim to ancient Philistine ancestry. Today's Anatolian Turks speak Turkish & also practise Islam, but lineage-wise they are still of majorly indigenous Anatolian descent, with some other foreign overlay, including Asiatic Turkic.

Neither does that annihilate Palestinian claim to Philistine ancestry. The Assyrians, and much later on the Romans, also defeated & conquered the Israelites.
The Assyrians conquered the Israelites which have no connection to Israel. After the breakup of the United Kingdom of Israel, all modern Jews are from Judea. The name just doesn't make sense.

Jun 2017
Connecticut
Gaza also borders Egypt, who is also blockading them. If Hamas didn't try to convert every single thing into harming Jews, or better yet, if Palestinians in Gaza simply kicked Hamas out, the blockade would be lifted. The blockade came into effect only when Hamas came to power there. Before Hamas, Israel provided aid to Gaza (which they didn't need to anyway).

Your analogy breaks down due to the fact that original Philistines didn't even reside in the majority of today's Israel in the first place. The original "greater" Philistines never even went as far north as Jerusalem. The majority of the original land of Philistines is in Gaza, especially if you believe the accounts for the defeats they suffered from the Jews in the Jewish texts. This point is moot anyway, as the Arabs lost both wars of aggression, so we should be concerned with the state of affairs after 1967 borders. Using your analogy, Palestinians claiming Ashkelon would be like modern Greeks claiming Ankara.
This argument makes no sense. Israel just happens to be Jewish, do you think anti antisemitism like just popped up out of nowhere or something? A people over the past sixty years have been hurting other people, the victims are going to view their oppressors in a negative light, no reason to bring irrelevant European racist traditions into it, it's not about "Jews" it's about people who are doing stuff who happen to be Jews. Also Israel's behavior is why Hamas was elected in the first place.

The analogy breaks down because you building a strawman where I'm saying the Palestinians deserve all of modern Israel based on their historical claims as the descendants of the Philistines(actually they would based on their likely heritage from the lost ten tribes that's another story). Philistine historic territory is not the majority of Israel and doesn't include any of the disputed Jerusalem region which was historically the capital of Judea. I brought up that besides Gaza and the surrounding areas none of the Philistine cities are under Palestinian control not that this is all of Israel or even that it's disputed. I think the historical claims from over two millennia ago are ridiculous but Israel(or the location of Israel) is based on such claims so might as well be consistent if we're going to use pre classical history to draw 20th century borders.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
If you consider those words that Larrey used as so called 'loaded language', then you also hv to consider the words used in the very OP question itself, i.e. 'Are Palestinians real?' & 'just a created modern word' as cases of 'loaded language'.
I already addressed the OP, see post #21

This is nonsense. European Ashkenazi Jews have nothing to do with Khazaria at all. They are a small cluster of Jews that came from Judea who settled in Germany following persecution from the Roman empire.
They probably migrated via Greece ->Italy -> Germany->Eastern Europe (Poland/Russia) route, and one of the closest non-Jewish populations to Ashkenazi Jews are the Druze.
Prove it.

Ahhhh you can't, even Jews can't prove it, they have more differential origin stories than we give them and that's because either no one knows, or they do know but they don't want to say.

Let me ask you something, in which year during the Roman Empire is this supposed migration supposed to have happened? that will tell me all I need to know about your theory because if its 135 AD after the razing of Judea by the Romans then let me ask you something ......... do you honestly believe thousands of Jews could go and live in Germania?? are you being serious?

What is factual is that there was a Jewish community in Khazaria to the point where the ruling elite Khazar's, converted to Judaism.

I even just checked the wiki page and even there they mention Khazaria as a strong possibility along with stating 3 other origins including Germany and Spain ......... as I said, none are provable.

What we do know is that Ashkenazi Jews are ethnically different to Arab-Israeli Jews, even they know it.

So the OP is basically saying that a country should be forcefully taken from another after thousands of years ............. not based on ethnic grounds, but on religious grounds!!

That's insane.

What I will say is this, look where Khazaria is and what year (compared with your theory) and look where Poland is which is by all facts the largest concentration of Ashkenazi inhabitants throughout history, its a stone throw from Khazaria.

You have no proof at all to discount this leading theory, its a leading theory for a reason ............ Khazaria was the only Medieval Jewish state.