Are Palaistinian real or just a created modern word?

Aug 2014
New York, USA
"Some 10th Century historian?" so your arrogant enough to dismiss someone who was actually there?

Wow, that is incredible and where this conversation with you in particular ends as you've proven yourself unworthy to debate ........ and if you were paying attention you would see that was three historians not one.

Your sources are more than what I have done? the sources I used are from the exact same page you did, I also provided historical dates, millage between Khazaria and Poland and actual historical events, you just selectively quoted a wiki page which was one of many views on the subject, why? because your not interested in discussing the facts or possibilities of the answer, you're only interested in defending your agenda and that's of no interest to me.

So my "harebrained" ideas are hard facts that your dismissing simply because your ego can't hack the idea that you could be wrong?

Take a break and just sit this one out, I don't want your ego to derail what's a very interesting discussion I was having with the other poster, thank you kindly.
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams. The pyramids were built by aliens. Neil Armstrong, "Neil A." spelled backwards is "Alien" Coincidence? I think not! Open your mind and connect the dots! :zany:
Literally every single piece of evidence you cited is refuted in the same wiki article you're trying to cite, so there is no reason to rehash the same arguments on this forum if you are not trying to be objective and committed to learning, but instead trying to "score points" and "win" a debate on an internet forum.

I will repeat it again:
Ashkenazi Jews originating from Khazaria is not a leading theory at all. Show me at least one modern legitimate source, not written by some conspiracy hack with an agenda.
Those two Tel Aviv conspiracy hacks (Elhaik and Sand) that wiki sites as sources supporting the fringe theory (like with their rigged genetic studies) have a political agenda and their studies were called into question by legitimate scientists. Again, no modern legitimate historian or scientist subscribes to out of Khazaria theory.

Last edited:

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Palestine was a Roman province. It later came to be called the "Holy Land" in the West but retained the name in the Mideast. In 1947 it was partitioned by the UN into a Jewish and Arab state, but the subsequent war left the Jews holding all but the West Bank. After the 1967 war Israel effectively controlled all of Palestine. Israel later withdrew forces from Gaza. Despite the idea of a present "Palestinian State", the West Bank roads are patrolled by Israeli troops and there are numerous checkpoints and a number of Israeli "settlements".

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams. The pyramids were built by aliens. Neil Armstrong, "Neil A." spelled backwards is "Alien" Coincidence? I think not! Open your mind and connect the dots! :zany:
Literally every single piece of evidence you cited is refuted in the same wiki article you're trying to cite, so there is no reason to rehash the same arguments on this forum if you are not trying to be objective and committed to learning, but instead trying to "score points" and "win" a debate on an internet forum.

I will repeat it again:

Those two Tel Aviv conspiracy hacks (Elhaik and Sand) that wiki sites as sources supporting the fringe theory (like with their rigged genetic studies) have a political agenda and their studies were called into question by legitimate scientists. Again, no modern legitimate historian or scientist subscribes to out of Khazaria theory.
Completely ignoring everything I said and why I quoted that.

You also haven't answered a single question regarding the historical facts I brought up.

Aug 2014
New York, USA
Completely ignoring everything I said and why I quoted that.

You also haven't answered a single question regarding the historical facts I brought up.
Why refute your facts when you are literally quoting from text that refutes your facts? There is no point of debating someone who is just trying to "win" on the internet and not to actually learn.

Jan 2019
DemirAkkay2011
Palestinian is a word taken from Jewish Bible Philistines. These are the people that David fought(Goliath) or Samson fought. Aside from the Jewish bible there is not a shred of evidence about them. I believe the Arabs that occupied Jerusalem after the Crusades ended picked that name for themselves so they could stake a claim to the land. There are Jewish ruins but no Palestinian archaeological site to talk of. Romans called it Judea so the Ottomans called it Palestine. It was about claiming the land through use of language. People who call themselves Palestinians today speak Arabic because there is not a Palestinian language. I personally believe that during Intifada PLO and Yasser Arafat deliberately chose this identity as to bolster unity and claim the land.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Palestinian is a word taken from Jewish Bible Philistines. These are the people that David fought(Goliath) or Samson fought. Aside from the Jewish bible there is not a shred of evidence about them. I believe the Arabs that occupied Jerusalem after the Crusades ended picked that name for themselves so they could stake a claim to the land. There are Jewish ruins but no Palestinian archaeological site to talk of. Romans called it Judea so the Ottomans called it Palestine. It was about claiming the land through use of language. People who call themselves Palestinians today speak Arabic because there is not a Palestinian language. I personally believe that during Intifada PLO and Yasser Arafat deliberately chose this identity as to bolster unity and claim the land.
You know nothing.

Discovery of Philistine Cemetery May Solve Biblical Mystery
The Philistines
Ancient Egyptian records indicate Philistines weren't Aegean pirates after all
Philistines - Wikipedia
The Philistines: Ancient Records, Archaeological Remains, and Biblical Traditions - TheTorah.com
Philistines | Archaeology
Bible's Bad Boys Weren't Such Philistines After All
The Philistines: Their History and Civilization | The British Academy

Why refute your facts when you are literally quoting from text that refutes your facts? There is no point of debating someone who is just trying to "win" on the internet and not to actually learn.
If you've lost the argument just say so, don't make up excuses.

I'm not the one dealing in absolutes so by definition I am open to learning, however, seeing as your just propping up conjecture yet ignoring every fact I present to you shows you have nothing to teach.

In fact if anything you should be learning from the facts I'm giving you, not wishing them away in denial.

Bart Dale

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
If we mean by the question whether the Palestinians had a national.identity similar to the Polish national identity or the English as oppose to merely just being a group.ofnArabs living in a region called Palestine before the creation of Israel, then the answer is no. The Palestistians were just the Arabs living in the area of Israel, and they did not have any national.identity, not in the same way an Englishman or an Irishman has.

Palestinian as a national identity was a modern creation caused by the creation of Israel. Palestinians had no ubique national language , not special writing, no national myths or unique national traditions. Most of the Arabs living in the region did not have a sense of national identity in the same sense as in the West until after world war I.

Similar History Discussions