Are Palaistinian real or just a created modern word?

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
Wow..... to almost everything you've said.

First off, it isn't at all clear what you're suggesting. Below you lump all European Jews together and say that they are most likely descended from Khazaria. That's in conflict with, "I'm not suggesting all Polish Jews have this lineage."

And everything about me "lapping this up," and being "gullible," is unfounded, I never made any claims one way or the other. Yes, I posted a source, which by the way, is way more of a contribution than you've made this far, and yes I was selective to a degree but certainly not as selective as you're being. The studies you cited are the outliers, let me remind you that the wiki article says:

"most contemporary scholars dismiss it"

"While the consensus in genetic research is that the world's Jewish populations (including the Ashkenazim) share substantial genetic ancestry derived from a common Ancient Middle Eastern founder population, and that Ashkenazi Jews have no genetic ancestry attributable to Khazars,[6]at least one study authored in this period diverges from the majority view in favor of the Khazar theory."

You want me to admit I have no evidence?! That's preposterous! I've just shared evidence. You can dispute it, but you can't claim that I have no evidence.

You, again: I don't put 100% stock into ANY of these reports

This is laughable. It seems the only sources you'll consider are your own harebrained machinations and the words of some 10th century historian.

You are the one cherry picking.
I feel you may be making a mountain out of a molehill. There is nothing wrong with the idea that many Jews, or perhaps some Jews of today might be descended from the Khazars.

Humans are one group. Humanity started with Adam and Eve and descended from this. European Jews, Arab Jews, Israeli Jews are not Jewish by race but by choice of religion. So who knows where Jews actually come from, it could be anywhere. Jews like everyone descended From Adam and Eve. But as for who are the ancestors of Jews, Christians, blacks, whites or any human of today this is up for debate. This is IMO like everyone one else providing their opinions itt.

Palestinian is an identifier of a idea, same with Israeli and American, these are ideas not rooted in history but are creations of humans.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
I feel you may be making a mountain out of a molehill. There is nothing wrong with the idea that many Jews, or perhaps some Jews of today might be descended from the Khazars.
Maybe your criticism should be directed at the scientists and historians who DO think there is something wrong with the idea that many Jews might be descended from the Khazars.

Humans are one group. Humanity started with Adam and Eve and descended from this. European Jews, Arab Jews, Israeli Jews are not Jewish by race but by choice of religion. So who knows where Jews actually come from, it could be anywhere. Jews like everyone descended From Adam and Eve. But as for who are the ancestors of Jews, Christians, blacks, whites or any human of today this is up for debate. This is IMO like everyone one else providing their opinions itt.

Palestinian is an identifier of a idea, same with Israeli and American, these are ideas not rooted in history but are creations of humans.
The coherence in this post is strong........:zany:

Okay, tell me if I've got this right: Humanity started with A&E. Jews, like everyone else descended from A&E. But as to who the ancestors of Jews, blacks and everyone else were, is up for debate?

Reactions: sbk135

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Some conflicting information in your sources.
It was a fairly laxy post. It was only aimed "Aside from the Jewish boble tehre is not a shred of evidence"
Enough to totally refute this.

Palestinian is a word taken from Jewish Bible Philistines. These are the people that David fought(Goliath) or Samson fought. Aside from the Jewish bible there is not a shred of evidence about them. I believe the Arabs that occupied Jerusalem after the Crusades ended picked that name for themselves so they could stake a claim to the land. There are Jewish ruins but no Palestinian archaeological site to talk of. Romans called it Judea so the Ottomans called it Palestine. It was about claiming the land through use of language. People who call themselves Palestinians today speak Arabic because there is not a Palestinian language. I personally believe that during Intifada PLO and Yasser Arafat deliberately chose this identity as to bolster unity and claim the land.
Not one shred of evidence aside form the Jewish Bible that the philistines exsisted.

Are you saying this post has meirt?

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
It was a fairly laxy post. It was only aimed "Aside from the Jewish boble tehre is not a shred of evidence"
Enough to totally refute this.

Not one shred of evidence aside form the Jewish Bible that the philistines exsisted.

Laxy? What's that mean?

Aug 2014
New York, USA
I don't even know why people bring up Philistines. The Romans renamed Judea into "Palestina" after the Jewish revolt precisely because in the Jewish text, Philistines are the enemies of the Jews. (Philistines didn't exist during the Roman times). If the Romans renamed the region "Canaan", and the Arabs after 1948 would start calling themselves "Canaanites" would that make them descendants of the actual Canaanites? "Palestinians" didn't start calling themselves "Palestinians" until the nationalism wave of the 20th century. As far as I know, the Jews always referred to themselves as the Jews(1). Does that mean the current population of Arab Palestinians doesn't have any ethnic admixture to the indigenous people of the land? Absolutely not. The current people who identify themselves as Palestinians surely do have all sorts of admixture, after all Judea/Palestine was at a crossroads of the world and got conquered by multiple different peoples over millennia.

(1) Technically only 1 of the 12 tribes of Israel referred to themselves as the Jews, direct descendants of Abraham of Ur. However, the other 10 tribes of Israel were lost to history after the invasion by Assyrians, and the other tribe (Benjamin) got absorbed into the Jews, so out of all the tribes of Israel only the Jews remain (the two southernmost tribes of Benjamin and Judah).

Last edited:
Jan 2019
DemirAkkay2011
Thank you all. If I do not know I should learn the correct history of the subject matter. I believed there was no evidence and started searching for evidence to see if I was mistaken. Comments provided the stimulus for more research on my part because I respect history and take it seriously. I am a believer that we should learn our lessons from history so we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.

Jan 2019
My mom's basement
Those who call them selfes Palestinian are just members of Arabic tribes liiving in Palestine area.Everyone can identifies (nationaly) as he wants,there isnt anything wrong wit that.

May 2015
Germany
Palestinians=Jordanians who adopted a new ethnic identity to justify an own state. Similar to the Rohingya.