are the achievements of Newton and Einstein really that impressive?

Status
Closed
Oct 2015
Chicago
Can one argue that Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein only ELABORATED upon science with existing methods, that they didn't create science

and that Ancient Africa, Egypt CREATED science and mathematics

that seems more impressive than whatever Newton and Einstein did

Last edited:

Ighayere

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Benin City, Nigeria
Yes they are really that impressive - if you know anything about physics and math.

Who are you talking about, by the way? Who said this?

Jun 2013
Sybaris - Italy
That's like saying ''is the music composed by Mozart and Beethoven really that impressive since the tonal system was invented centuries earlier by other people?''

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
It is doubtful anyhow that ancient Egypt and Africa can be said to have 'created' mathematics and science!

funakison

Ad Honorem
Oct 2012
Between a rock and a hard place

Who needs this when you have cave paintings to look at.

Sep 2015
Greece
Can one argue that Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein only ELABORATED upon science with existing methods, that they didn't create science

and that Ancient Africa, Egypt CREATED science and mathematics

that seems more impressive than whatever Newton and Einstein did
I guess Sumerians ''created'' science before Egypt.But anyway I don't think ancient Egyptians discovered space-time distortion or stuff like that....Do you know exactly what Einstein did?What do ancient Egyptians have to do with that???

Oct 2015
Northwest Territories, USA
Can one argue that Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein only ELABORATED upon science with existing methods, that they didn't create science?
No. Nobody in their right mind would think to argue that. So, no, don't argue that. Ever. Don't even mention Egyptians and Einstein in the dame sentence.

Lucius

Forum Staff
Jan 2007
Nebraska
Newton wrote, "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

That had been the only method of scientific advance, and it still is(excepting that guy who invented the drill stick - he thought it up all by himself).

Tsar

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
Serbia
Try making a whole new type of physics and tell me if they're impressive then.

Status
Closed