Are there any good early futuristic movies similar to Metropolis (1927)?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Are there any good early futuristic movies similar to Metropolis (1927)? I really like Metropolis and its futuristic themes and atmosphere and I was wondering if there were any other good old movies like it.

Mar 2019
Kansas
Are there any good early futuristic movies similar to Metropolis (1927)? I really like Metropolis and its futuristic themes and atmosphere and I was wondering if there were any other good old movies like it.
Things to Come

For atmosphere you want to be looking for films made in the German expressionist style - the best being. Cabinet of Dr Cagliari.

And although strictly a horror film. Nosferatu has brilliant atmosphere

For some fun cityscapes in a terrible movie

"Its Great To be Alive 1931 - I could not find a trailer for this, and it is a hard film to track down. Its an all singing all dance science fiction musical extraganza

The Tunnel 1933- Great future tech film about digging a tunnel from the US to UK. Oozes racism and colonialism....great for history buffs

F.P.1 - Wikipedia - I have never seen this film. Never even seen a copy for sale, but did read the novelization years ago. A real rip snorter of a story.

Mar 2019
Kansas
Aelita: Queen of Mars was another early sci-fi film though I haven't seen it.
Dude that is a horribly slowwwwwwwwwwww film. :(

Fritz Lang also made Woman in the Moon a couple years after Metropolis.
At one point the titular character offers to remain on the moon. She sleeps in a canvas tent. On the upside the rocket launch is astounding. And the film is often cited as the first ever use of a countdown

If you want something really old, Georges Melies loosely adapted Jules Verne into "A Trip to the Moon" back in 1902.
Yup the George Lucas of his day. A better film (I think) is

The Impossible Voyage - Wikipedia

Reactions: Futurist

Zip

Jan 2018
Comancheria
Things to Come is a great picture. Quite a cast too--Massey, Richardson and Hardwicke. And Margaretta Scott shines as a woman of dreams and ambition.

B75024A8-E31C-41DC-9A04-10753662CD9E.jpeg

Reactions: Niobe and Futurist
Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
Metropolis is a work of art... it is so very singular... while the Cabinet of Dr Caligari has a sort of 'trippy' quality to it (and a very young, very handsome Conrad Veidt as the 'somnambulist'), it lacks that industrial feel with strong art deco influence that pervades Metropolis...

This makes me want to watch it again! It really is such an amazing film...

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Metropolis is a work of art... it is so very singular... while the Cabinet of Dr Caligari has a sort of 'trippy' quality to it (and a very young, very handsome Conrad Veidt as the 'somnambulist'), it lacks that industrial feel with strong art deco influence that pervades Metropolis...

This makes me want to watch it again! It really is such an amazing film...
Did you watch both of them?