Are you related to Nobility/Nobel house ? If yes, shre something about your house

Kotromanic

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Iowa USA
I've read that more than 7 or 8 percent of Poland's population had a noble title by the early 18th century.

My mother's family probably were minor nobility in Poland from earlier than end of the 1600s but I can't prove it, they had some land not far from Gneizno. From the little I know about them, they had little trouble with the Prussians, were able to maintain their place in society as subjects to Prussia and later Germany. (Speaking just for Hohenzollern ruled Germany, naturally.)

Nov 2013
Serbia
My family is allegedly descended from Pavle Orlović, a semi-mythological Serbian knight who is remembered in Serbian epic poetry as Prince Lazar's flag bearer. The flag he allegedly carried in the Battle of Kosovo was kept in our family since the early XIX century when one of our family members took it back from the Turks. It was lost in 1943 when the house it was kept in was burned down.

Pavle Orlović is also represented in one of most famous Serbian paintings, "Kosovo Maiden" :

Kosovo_Maiden,_Uroš_Predić,_1919.jpg

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
I've read that more than 7 or 8 percent of Poland's population had a noble title by the early 18th century.

My mother's family probably were minor nobility in Poland from earlier than end of the 1600s but I can't prove it, they had some land not far from Gneizno. From the little I know about them, they had little trouble with the Prussians, were able to maintain their place in society as subjects to Prussia and later Germany. (Speaking just for Hohenzollern ruled Germany, naturally.)[/QUOTE

Dear Kotromanic,

A pleasure to know you also belong to minor nobility as me... Hidalgos, Fidalgos, Hijoedalgos...I can see you come from Polish Nobility... also loyal to the House of Habsburg (as the mine one). I guess this was the reason because my mother´s family side settled in Castille... because Loyalty to the House one!

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Genealogies of many people in India are available in writing, kept carefully by traditional Brahmin priests residing for many centuries at places of pilgrimage. But Brahmins themselves do not have any ancestor of royal blood theirs being a non-warrior caste. For example, I am a Brahmin and my ancestry is recorded in the scrolls written up by Brahmin priests at Nashik, a nearby pilgrimage place. I am sure that many persons of Kshatriya or the warrior caste s will be able to find out if any ancestor was a King or Queen from these records.

Apr 2010
evergreen state, USA
My distant connections to royalty are mainly from the 25% of my ancestry that is derived from colonials. A lot of it was initially unproven, but over time DNA matches to others in the same pathways show my tree to be (more or less) correct. I have a perpetual account at Ancestry that I keep in touch with. Having said all that, my connections to English royalty are Plantagenet. And initial connections to those various lines are based on a female connection in each case (I think, offhand). There is also a line back to Welsh royalty, and then the more ancient lines going back to Charlemagne, etc. My 3/4 Norwegian father once said we were connected to Norwegian royalty, but I don't know what he was talking about. My parents divorced when I was 16 and I never saw him again. Anyway, the above are just decorations for my tree that really don't mean much in modern times.

Last edited:

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Genealogies of many people in India are available in writing, kept carefully by traditional Brahmin priests residing for many centuries at places of pilgrimage. But Brahmins themselves do not have any ancestor of royal blood theirs being a non-warrior caste. For example, I am a Brahmin and my ancestry is recorded in the scrolls written up by Brahmin priests at Nashik, a nearby pilgrimage place. I am sure that many persons of Kshatriya or the warrior caste s will be able to find out if any ancestor was a King or Queen from these records.
Thanks for information... I always thought Brahmin was a Warrior Caste.. a Kind of Warrior-Feudal Nobility.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
My distant connections to royalty are mainly from the 25% of my ancestry that is derived from colonials. A lot of it was initially unproven, but over time DNA matches to others in the same pathways show my tree to be (more or less) correct. I have a perpetual account at Ancestry that I keep in touch with. Having said all that, my connections to English royalty are Plantagenet. And initial connections to those various lines are based on a female connection in each case (I think, offhand). There is also a line back to Welsh royalty, and then the more ancient lines going back to Charlemagne, etc. My 3/4 Norwegian father once said we were connected to Norwegian royalty, but I don't know what he was talking about. My parents divorced when I was 16 and I never saw him again. Anyway, the above are just decorations for my tree that really don't mean much in modern times.
I think Nobility is very important in modern times... Really Nobility.. not "sociality"... It is a pity...how nobility is from 1950 onwards...

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Thanks for information... I always thought Brahmin was a Warrior Caste.. a Kind of Warrior-Feudal Nobility.
Thanks for your response. Brahmins used to be essentially a caste which engaged in ' Adhyayan, Adhyapan, Yajan, Yaajan ' meaning ' learning, teaching, conducting rituals oneself, conducting rituals for others ' respectively. So, basically a priestly caste, rather than a warrior caste. Yet nothing prevented Brahmins to take up any professions they liked including being warriors. History of India is full of Brahmins who fought battles and distinguished themselves, right from ancient and mythical sage Parashuram, who killed any number of warriors from the caste of ' Kshatriyas ' the warriors by birth. And Hemu was a Brahmin King of Delhi in the medieval age who was defeated and killed in the first battle of Panipat fighting against the Uzbeg invader and famous Moghul King to be namely Baabar. And the long line of de-facto Kings or ' Peshwas '
( meaning Prime Ministers ) from the present day southwestern state of Maharashtra is well known.