Aryan Migration Theory update

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Its more like mixing of the Gaud (Bengali) culture with Saraswat (Haryana) culture rather than mixing of a central Asian or foreign element with a subcontinental element

Here, the Gaud also represent the SaamVeda (singing culture) whereas Rigveda is (as is well known) Saraswat.
Old post, but it needs some clarification. The Gaudas and the Saraswatas were from the same stream - the Central Asian Vedics. Of course, during assimilation of Vedics in the indigenous mass, indigenous priests were also taken as Brahmins. They also learned Vedas - like VedaVyasa, an Aryan/Indigenous mix did. It is not that the RigVeda belonged to one people and the SamaVeda belonged to another. Sama Veda is the singing version of RigVeda. There was not much mixing of the Gaudas and Saraswatas after Gaudas moved to another region of India from Saraswat Pradesh. They became a caste of their own with a different language and traditions.

"One of the four Vedas, it is a liturgical text which consists of 1,549 verses. All but 75 verses have been taken from the Rigveda." Samaveda - Wikipedia
My background leaves me in the possession of a plethora of unique oral history, as yet unrecognized by British era authors who shaped Indian history in its current form.
This oral stream I've tested against a lot of what is in print and I can't find much fault in it. And when we consider this oral account true a lot of Indian history appears in a different light than what is currently portrayed in.
We all have oral histories. Mine takes me as a descendant of Sage Upamanyu to Uttarapatha as mentioned in SrimadBhagawatham. But modern history demands more proof.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Yes. Those Mahavakyas Aham Brahmasmi and Ayam Atma Brahma are to be understood in the right perspective. Of course, they should be realised rather than understood. If someone sees that in line with atheism, it is not the fault of Mahavakyas.
Why is it necessary to see the Mahavakyas in the way some other people saw them or even repudiate them (I do not agree with 'Prajnanam Brahma')? This would be a dogma, better suited to Abrahamic religions - "See it in this way and in no other way, otherwise pepetual hell'". Hinduism is beautiful with its hundreds of beliefs, it has never been afraid of new explanations. That is why we have so many Darshanas and Vadas (philosophies), matas and panthas, differing from each other. Even your name/nickname points to a view different from that of SriVaishnavas. Appar - Wikipedia

If I am Brahman then who is God? "Kasmai devāya havishā vidhema?"

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Saw a map of human movement in the topic. Here is Tilak's/mine view of the IE migration.
The red line indicates migration out of Africa. The yellow lines indicate the return of IE from somewhere in Siberia due to ice-age.

IE.jpg

Movement out of Africa: Levant, Steppes, towards China, Siberia.
Return: Steppes. Movement in three directions. First: West.
Second Northward: First: Samara, Afanasevo, Fatyanovo, Abashevo; Second: Eastward to Sintashta, towards Tocharistan.
Third: Southward: First: keeping close to Caspian shore to Iraq (Mittani). Second: Aral/Oxus valley, Sogdia, Kopet Dag, Herat, Punjab. Third: Kopet Dag/Herat, Iran.

Last edited:

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Saw a map of human movement in the topic. Here is Tilak's/mine view of the IE migration.
The red line indicates migration out of Africa. The yellow lines indicate the return of IE from somewhere in Siberia due to ice-age.

View attachment 23086

Movement out of Africa: Levant, Steppes, towards China, Siberia.
Return: Steppes. Movement in three directions. First: West.
Second Northward: First: Samara, Afanasevo, Fatyanovo, Abashevo; Second: Eastward to Sintashta, towards Tocharistan.
Third: Southward: First: keeping close to Caspian shore to Iraq (Mittani). Second: Aral/Oxus valley, Sogdia, Kopet Dag, Herat, Punjab. Third: Kopet Dag/Herat, Iran.
They crossed the top of the Arabian Sea ? That's some early seafaring there !

Or maybe your map isn't very accurate ?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Yeah, the map is not very accurate. Not Arabian sea but Oman to Iran, Straits of Hormuz, not difficult even for our early humans. Island hopping 70,000 years ago. That is how they reached Australia. Some people maintain that people from Tahiti or Hawaii sailed to Australia. You would know better about that. It is not that Arctic Circle was not populated before Ice-age. Migrations due to Ice-age are a fact of history.
Western movement from Steppes: 4,000 BCE, Northern movement: 3,000 BCE, Eastern movement 2,000 BCE (dates approximate).

Last edited: