Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mar 2007
Philadelphia
Anyone playing this?

Can't say I'm a fan of the Assassin Creed series or these type of games. First one I've tried. Only reason I dove in was because I love ancient Greek history.

The game is set during the Peloponnesian War. You play the role of Leonidas' fictional grandson or granddaughter, but for some odd reason you're not part of the ruling Agiad royal family.

The game reward you for slitting people's throats and stabbing people in the back, which is hardly the ancient Greek ethos, but I admit I love how they depict the ancient Greek world. You feel like you're running around the streets of Athens, Sparta, Corinth, etc. Love seeing the Acropolis and the Parthenon in all their digital glory. You also get to go on missions for Brasidias, take part in a symposium that includes Socrates, and meet all sorts of characters from the times, including Pericles, Aristophanes, and Conon.

The game takes a lot of liberties with historical facts, but the world is so immersive, I took off my ancient historian hat, and just had fun rubbing elbows with people like Aspasia.

Curious as to what others think of the game.

Similar History Discussions