at what point was Germany the mightiest?

at what point was Germany the mightiest?

Votes: 9 17.3%

Votes: 14 26.9%

Votes: 24 46.2%

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Closed

bartieboy

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
The Netherlands
What do you think?
Was it in 1871 with Germany as one of the fastest growing industries and France at its knees?
Was it in 1914 with German armies rolling over the French and British armies? And where Germany was more unified than in 1871?
Was it in 1941 when Germany had most of western and eastern Europe under its control?

Or is it perhaps now?
At this moment Germany is the leading economical nation of the EU, her voice weighs more than any other voice in the EU and she is one of the biggest economies in the world.

Aug 2011
Texas
I'd say 1941. From what i hear, the euro is in crisis and the EU project is in doubt. Plus, the bigger Germany becomes, the more other people will see in it as the cause of all the problems in the Eurosphere.

BRIAN GOWER

Ad Honorem
Oct 2011
Gwendraeth Valley, Carmarthenshire, Wales.
I'd say 2012: Germany leads Europe by consent which previous leaders failed to achieve, and it will probably be longer lasting too than war and military victories.

Crystal Rainbow

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
Cumbernauld Scotland
I don't think it is now, Germany had seem to of prospered in the past but I think with the current Euro Crisis anything could happen.

bartieboy

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
The Netherlands
Last edited:

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
What do you think?
Was it in 1871 with Germany as one of the fastest growing industries and France at its knees?
Was it in 1914 with German armies rolling over the French and British armies? And where Germany was more unified than in 1871?
Was it in 1941 when Germany had most of western and eastern Europe under its control?

Or is it perhaps now?
At this moment Germany is the leading economical nation of the EU, her voice weighs more than any other voice in the EU and she is one of the biggest economies in the world.
Why is Berlusconi trying to nibble Sarkozy's ear (while apparently simultaneously trying to strangle him)? I didn't think he swung that way.

bartieboy

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
The Netherlands
Why is Berlusconi trying to nibble Sarkozy's ear (while apparently simultaneously trying to strangle him)? I didn't think he swung that way.
It is probably a massage combined with some comforting words...
Angela Merkel just thinks its a bit gay and laughs about it.

Status
Closed