Austria bans Hijab from primary schools, Islamic intolerance on the rise in as extremists rise to power in Europe?

Status
Closed

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Either you believe in freedom of religion or you don't. Make you mind up.
Freedom of religion is a good principle, in my opinion, and it is related with a bigger principle, freedom, but as in all freedom has limits.

In the case of Freedom of religion we saw already in the past cults that clearly passed those limits, and I am vaguely recalling situations in the USA and in Japan with collective suicides and fund raising schemes. I also recall a fraudulent fund raising scheme in Portugal from the IURD (Universal Church of the Kingdom of God - Wikipedia).

So in this cases when legal and social problems arise, we all as a society (trough the state) must intervene. So it isn’t a white or black choice, there are gray tones in between.

In Portugal some years ago most schools forbidden the students to cover their head in the classes, so that would include the Muslim hijab. It was not an anti-Muslim measure, those rules existed long before this Migration problem and theses questions in general arise. Some schools changed subsequently those rules.

Lets make a comparison, for instance in Morocco, a country with Islamic majority, it is forbidden the manufacture and commercialization of the burqa.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Yes, American. It may not be allowed by Islam, but Muslims do it in Europe and get away with it.
And I asked you this before.Sources and links please to prove that it's happening and they're getting away with it, otherwise you are simply parroting some rumour you've heard and odn't actually know for yourself.

Aug 2014
pakistan
Great. Girls should not be sexualized. (Muslim women wear hijab to "protect" the attractive parts of their body.)
Actually both men and women are instructed to conceal their bodies in Islam. Its more about modesty which is both for men and women. Quran: “Tell the believing men to cast down their looks and guard their private parts; that is purer for them; surely Allah is Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof….” (24:30-31)

Hijab was also indicator of social status in Islam because slave girls were exempted from it.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
This thread has, unsurprisingly, become an excuse to attack one group of people, the vast majority of whom lead peaceful lives no different to the rest of us.

THREAD CLOSED.

Status
Closed