Austrian foreign minister: close down med / abolish geneva convention nonsense...

Status
Closed

antocya

Ad Honorem
May 2012
Iraq
laughable. Africa and middle east cant be fixed. What do you suggest? erasing the population, total enslavement and raise them as new citizens?

africa and middle east cant be fixed and the reasonable solution is containment.
Well I agree it can't be "fixed" as in you can't expect the international community to just go in and solve the issues like that. They need local cooperation with authorities and the community and we can see how the UN is having such a tough time with the Syria peace talks because people won't compromise and drop out of the talks. However I am not so pessimistic to the the Middle East is doomed to eternal conflict because there's something inherently flawed about the people the way you seem to.

MarshallBudyonny

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
New Verulamium
That would indeed be the right solution ..... as a bonus this would save lives and kill the income of people smugglers
It's likely most wouldn't stop relying on people smugglers, many would still choose to travel by boat, and it's unlikely there will ever be an agreement that turning these people back would be EU policy.

MarshallBudyonny

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
New Verulamium
LOL, I wondered how long it would take for someone to blame it all on the USA.
It was the US that brought down the regime in Iraq, supported intervention in Libya and actively armed and trained the fractious collection of various groups called the opposition in Syria.

Status
Closed