Avoiding the economic crisis

Aug 2013
Italy
In the opinion of my fellow Historumites, which European countries have best succeeded in avoiding the Euro-related economic crisis which has been plaguing most of the world since the beginning of the 21st century?

My own guesses would be the Scandinavian nations, and Switzerland; to a somewhat lesser degree the Netherlands, Germany, Austria.

The hardest hit have probably been my poor Italy, Greece, Spain and Portugal.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
Poland was the only EU country which continued to grow during the economic crisis.

Aug 2013
Italy
Poland was the only EU country which continued to grow during the economic crisis.
Yes, Poland seems to be blossoming. So, too, are the nations which made up former Yugoslavia (these are thriving now mainly in tourism); also the Czech Republic, and Romania, in their recent dynamic industrial drive.

But I think that not even these countries have been unscathed by the terrible crisis.

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Neither Poland, nor Romania & Czechia are part of eurozone. They have their own currency currently, though probably they will adopt euro as sole legal tender in the future.

Aug 2013
Italy
Neither Poland, nor Romania & Czechia are part of eurozone. They have their own currency currently, though probably they will adopt euro as sole legal tender in the future.
Of course. But they have been affected by the Euro imbalance just the same, as has Great Britain and other nations which have not accepted the Euro.

Aug 2013
Italy
How have they been affected ?
In our world which is growing increasingly smaller and more inter-dependent, few countries can remain unaffected by the economic/commercial trends of major industrial powers, which essentially establish commodity prices even for nations that have maintained their own currencies. The one who sets prices and availability controls the worldwide market of basic manufactures, technology, petroleum, medicines etc.