Baha'ism

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Spent much of my time with the Baha'is in my early twenties and respected their acceptance of science (a balance like that of a bird with one wing representing science and the other religion). I met some Persian/Iranian women and thought them the most beautiful I had seen. Reason enough to convert. Some friends had visited the temple in Haifa and found it a deeply religious experience. Good people.
Ha! Loved that ... got a laugh .

I used to write and present papers for 'The Department of Baha'i Studies ' when I was at Sydney Uni .

I have to say , at one stage , up on stage, in front of masses of them, I .... errrmmmm ... gave them a bit if a serve re a question they asked about 'Aboriginal conversions ' ... I must say that never anywhere since have I received such a positive reaction to criticism of a religious viewpoint ! I gt a standing ovation and they agreed with me ! (after explanations ) ... for me, that indicates real advancement and evolution.

The beautiful persian girls ? Oh yeah ! 'reason to convert ' :D They have strict morals though ;)

One I was talking to, (many years after I was an active member in Sydney, a group of travelling 'Baha'i youth' were touring and stopped off at the small country town I had moved to ), I was invited 'backstage' for talk. I asked a young abso beautiful woman how she felt about the 'restrictions ' ;

" Restrictions ! ? Like no alcohol and drugs ... look into my eyes, see how bright and clear they are . You heard me speak and realised my clarity and intelligence. I am doing very well at University and have a great and prosperous career ahead of me and .... "

Me ; :That's great, and I see you point , I meant the restriction about no sex before marriage though, as well . "

She kinda slumped a bit and looked at me ; " Well. that IS the hard one ... really hard ... I guess its the same in a way . I will keep my 'vitality' until I get married . .... ( look out new husband ! :D )

I had some very deep and personal 'spiritual' experience in Sydney temple. Its designed acoustic effects and architecture ( when one understands it ) help .

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland

I used to write and present papers for 'The Department of Baha'i Studies ' when I was at Sydney Uni .

I have to say , at one stage , up on stage, in front of masses of them, I .... errrmmmm ... gave them a bit if a serve re a question they asked about 'Aboriginal conversions ' ... I must say that never anywhere since have I received such a positive reaction to criticism of a religious viewpoint ! I gt a standing ovation and they agreed with me ! (after explanations ) ... for me, that indicates real advancement and evolution.

The beautiful persian girls ? Oh yeah ! 'reason to convert ' :D They have strict morals though ;)

One I was talking to, (many years after I was an active member in Sydney, a group of travelling 'Baha'i youth' were touring and stopped off at the small country town I had moved to ), I was invited 'backstage' for talk. I asked a young abso beautiful woman how she felt about the 'restrictions ' ;

" Restrictions ! ? Like no alcohol and drugs ... look into my eyes, see how bright and clear they are . You heard me speak and realised my clarity and intelligence. I am doing very well at University and have a great and prosperous career ahead of me and .... "

Me ; :That's great, and I see you point , I meant the restriction about no sex before marriage though, as well . "

She kinda slumped a bit and looked at me ; " Well. that IS the hard one ... really hard ... I guess its the same in a way . I will keep my 'vitality' until I get married . .... ( look out new husband ! :D )

I had some very deep and personal 'spiritual' experience in Sydney temple. Its designed acoustic effects and architecture ( when one understands it ) help .
Do you mean Kitab-i-Aqdas, the most holy book?
There are a few other sacred texts beside this.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Being the youngest and most modernized Abrahamic religions, Baha'ism is under seize of other Abrahamic religions.
Some of its ideas look ideal:
Twelve Principles of the Baha'i Faith
1) The Oneness of Humanity
2) Independent, Unfettered Investigation of the Truth
3) Religion is Progressive, all having a common foundation. (Note: Both Daoism and Buddhism are atheistic in the sense that both denies a god of creation.)
4) Religion must be the source of unity
5) True science and true religion must correspond.
6) The equality of men and women
7) Removal of all prejudice
8) Universal peace upheld by a spiritual world government
9) Universal compulsory education
10) A spiritual solution to the economic problem
11) A universal auxiliary language
12) Universal house of justice with the davidic king.
Christianity and Islam both actively attack Baha'ism; I don't know about Judaism.

Oct 2011
Gwendraeth Valley, Carmarthenshire, Wales.

Many thanks for such an interesting and detailed response:)

Similiar History Discussions History Forum Date
Religious History

Similar History Discussions