Battle of Tollense - Northern European Bronze Age

Aug 2011
Sweden
And I *did* finally make those clubs, too! Not sure what "dung club" is, but I'm certainly curious...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2025467430881537&set=a.1560553544039597&type=3&theater

Matthew
Clubs like this were used into modern times to crack hard earth or dung on the fields, before introduction of harrows. We have them on museums. I don't know if they ever were tested on human heads however.

Gödselklubba

The folk memory of the "club army" was mentioned in another thread here.

Aug 2011
Sweden
A two program serie have been aired on immigrations and people in Scandinavia since the ice age. Program two starts with the arrival of the battle ax culture, the horse and the beer around 3000 BC. Also the Bronze age, war and shipbuilding, just like an early version of the Viking age. Tollensee starts at 37' which is partly held in English. otherwise Swedish. According to the germans north and south people clashed on the site. Estimated several 1000s took part in the battle.

De första svenskarna - Avsnitt 2

Last edited:
Aug 2011
Sweden
A two program serie have been aired on immigrations and people in Scandinavia since the ice age. Program two starts with the arrival of the battle ax culture, the horse and the beer around 3000 BC. Also the Bronze age, war and shipbuilding, just like an early version of the Viking age. Tollensee starts at 37' which is partly held in English. otherwise Swedish. According to the germans north and south people clashed on the site. Estimated several 1000s took part in the battle.

De första svenskarna - Avsnitt 2
An addition: the program host Jonathan Lindström checked his DNA and compared it with the one of the first battle ax graves in Sweden from Östergötland and found it was almost identical (13').

Similar History Discussions