Battle of Vukovar

Oct 2012
Well, yes. I mean, if by "details" you mean "knowing anything about it".

Also, why do you assume that those holes in the water tower were caused by bombs? I've never seen a bomb and I have no bright idea how they could possibly work. To me it seems like saying the way the water tower in Vukovar looks is evidence of the bombs is using the unknown to explain the unknown. Explanations in history, in order to be considered valid, have to be in line with our understanding how the universe works, right?
But first you must have some understanding how the universe works, right?

Oct 2012
Well, yes. I mean, if by "details" you mean "knowing anything about it".

Also, why do you assume that those holes in the water tower were caused by bombs? I've never seen a bomb and I have no bright idea how they could possibly work. To me it seems like saying the way the water tower in Vukovar looks is evidence of the bombs is using the unknown to explain the unknown. Explanations in history, in order to be considered valid, have to be in line with our understanding how the universe works, right?
So you have not seen a bomb and you don`t know how they work, ergo ,bombs don`t exist?? Is that what you are saying?

Oct 2017
Croatia
Well, sort of. I am not saying I am certain that bombs don't exist. But bombs existing is, based on what I know, an extraordinary claim and it requires extraordinary evidence. The way Vukovar water tower looks is not evidence per se, it's using the unknown to explain the unknown. You may as well say that Vukovar water tower looks like that because of the dragons.

Also, how do you know when you have enough understanding of how universe works? I, for instance, have top marks at school and am able to make a website and program some simple computer programs and games, plus I am able to make some linguistic theories about the Croatian toponyms that the guys on linguistforum.com say are plausible. Doesn't that mean I have enough knowledge about the world to research some history?

Last edited:
Oct 2012
Well, sort of. I am not saying I am certain that bombs don't exist. But bombs existing is, based on what I know, an extraordinary claim and it requires extraordinary evidence. The way Vukovar water tower looks is not evidence per se, it's using the unknown to explain the unknown. You may as well say that Vukovar water tower looks like that because of the dragons.

Also, how do you know when you have enough understanding of how universe works? I, for instance, have top marks at school and am able to make a website and program some simple computer programs and games. Doesn't that mean I have enough knowledge about the world to research some history?
Apparently not.

Oct 2017
Croatia
Apparently not.
I don't know what to do then. So, you are suggesting I should abandon my theories about the Croatian history. Fine, it's not like I've put a lot of effort into them. Do you think I should also abandon my theories about the Croatian historical linguistics?

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
I think you should first abandon your theory about how the existence of bombs is an extraordinary claim.

Jan 2015
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I feel like the OP is trying to be more philosophical than historical. "How do I know its true if I never seen it."

Anyway, I'll be cheeky here and assume the OP isn't actually a Croat.