Battle of Vukovar

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
I feel like the OP is trying to be more philosophical than historical. "How do I know its true if I never seen it."

Anyway, I'll be cheeky here and assume the OP isn't actually a Croat.
Then the OP should rather stick to philosophy, since he's young and hasn't seen any history happen he'll asume it doesn't exist anyway. What's the point to argue then, right?

Aug 2017
Zadar
"The key battle in the Croatian Homeland War that led to Croatia independence was the Battle of Vukovar Despite its importance very little has been written about this battle from a professional military perspective. Despite the fact that the Croatians ultimately were forced to give up the city which meant a tactical Croatian defeat at a strategic level Vukovar represented a victory for Croatia. It was a decisive moment in the war in the sense that the battle forced Serbia and the Yugoslav People's Army (the JNA) to reduce their expectations to more realistic level. Although this study discusses why the Battle of Vukovar was so important at both the operational and strategic levels, much of the focus will be at the tactical level, because events at this level naturally had an impact on and are the key to understand the battle at higher levels."

Oct 2012
Well, sort of. I am not saying I am certain that bombs don't exist. But bombs existing is, based on what I know, an extraordinary claim and it requires extraordinary evidence. The way Vukovar water tower looks is not evidence per se, it's using the unknown to explain the unknown. You may as well say that Vukovar water tower looks like that because of the dragons.

Also, how do you know when you have enough understanding of how universe works? I, for instance, have top marks at school and am able to make a website and program some simple computer programs and games, plus I am able to make some linguistic theories about the Croatian toponyms that the guys on linguistforum.com say are plausible. Doesn't that mean I have enough knowledge about the world to research some history?
Btw. when dragons attack watertowers the result looks quite different,that
is self evident.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
Well, sort of. I am not saying I am certain that bombs don't exist. But bombs existing is, based on what I know, an extraordinary claim and it requires extraordinary evidence. The way Vukovar water tower looks is not evidence per se, it's using the unknown to explain the unknown. You may as well say that Vukovar water tower looks like that because of the dragons.

Also, how do you know when you have enough understanding of how universe works? I, for instance, have top marks at school and am able to make a website and program some simple computer programs and games, plus I am able to make some linguistic theories about the Croatian toponyms that the guys on linguistforum.com say are plausible. Doesn't that mean I have enough knowledge about the world to research some history?
Congrats on finding the good stuff. A lot of Eastern Europeans aren't as well versed as their Western counterparts, so they just smoke the first thing someone in a hoodie on a corner gives them.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
From Middle English dragoun, from Old French dragon, from Latin dracō, from Ancient Greek δράκων (drákōn, “a serpent of huge size, a python, a dragon”), probably from δρακεῖν (drakeîn), aorist active infinitive of δέρκομαι (dérkomai, “I see clearly”).

Jan 2015
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I, for instance, have top marks at school and am able to make a website and program some simple computer programs and games, plus I am able to make some linguistic theories about the Croatian toponyms that the guys on linguistforum.com say are plausible. Doesn't that mean I have enough knowledge about the world to research some history?
Can you also cook and do kung foo based on these accolades?

Similar History Discussions