Best Front Man of a Pop/Rock Group?

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
Angus Young? Was the guitarists in AC/DC not a forntman. In fact pennerially shy.

I'd go with Iggy,
Freddie Mercury, but in terms of longevity; Mick Jagger.

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

In pioneering Australian groups; the late, tragic Stevie Wright. pretty much unknown outside of Oz.

Below Stevie at his peak, with 'Friday On My Mind' , plus the Bruce Springsteen cover, from 2014. Springsteen is at least 20 years too old for the song.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
In pioneering Australian groups; the late, tragic Stevie Wright. pretty much unknown outside of Oz.
Not much of a Fan of the easybeats., though liked Stevie Rock Opera trilogy Evie Parts 1 ,2 and 3.

other little known Austrlian Front men,

Dave Graney, sort of Lounge singer, crooner coming from the mixed up austrlian scene. Used to talk more than Sing when I first saw him. A showman.

Johnnie Van Goes from Aloi head and the Victor Motors sensational frontman,
Fred Negro from just too many st kilda bands in 1980s.
Ron "Hitler' Barassi , the force behind much of the madness that is TISM.

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
The Easybeats were I think the first Aussie band I really liked, apart from some excellent local bands, such as the Twilights* and the Masters Apprentices

Couldn't agree more about 'Evie'; the best thing Stevie ever did imo

* The Twilights were the resident band at 'The Cardign Club', a THE [only] Sunday night dance in Adelaide at the time. The resident singer was Bev Harrell, on whom I had a crush. Geez, that was in 1964! Makes me feel old. Usually, I just look old; the inside is forever about 20. :)

Similar History Discussions