Best Front Man of a Pop/Rock Group?

Zip

Jan 2018
Comancheria
Ozzy, Simmons, Frankie Valli.
Frankie Valli, yeah. Infortunately many people are under the impression Rock and Roll started with the Beatles and then skipped right to Led Zeppelin.

Which reminds me that Plant is worthy of consideration in this thread.

Reactions: Mikeduke324
Jun 2019
USA
Geddy Lee - singing, playing the bass/keyboards and foot pedals - all at the same time. Gotta go with the best live show I have ever seen - Rush.
Way back when, they opened for KISS. I was impressed with that Trio in '75? or whenever that was in Wisconsin.

Zip

Jan 2018
Comancheria
Way back when, they opened for KISS. I was impressed with that Trio in '75? or whenever that was in Wisconsin.
I saw Rush play at Beginnings, a club in the Chicago burbs owned by Danny Seraphine, the drummer of the band Chicago. I saw Rush many times when I worked for Jam, from playing clubs when they were a hard rock-metal band in a Led Zeppelin vein to when they played stadiums. They always put on a good show, always.

I saw Led Zepellin on the first American tour; they played the Kinetic Playground in Chicago and were the opening act for Vanilla Fudge, Jethro Tull was the middle act. Good show.

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
Frankie Valli, yeah. Infortunately many people are under the impression Rock and Roll started with the Beatles and then skipped right to Led Zeppelin.

Which reminds me that Plant is worthy of consideration in this thread.
No disagreements with that whatsoever. Rob Plant certainly had one of the classiest voices, if not the classiest voice, in heavy rock. Consummate. Immaculate.

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
I saw Rush play at Beginnings, a club in the Chicago burbs owned by Danny Seraphine, the drummer of the band Chicago. I saw Rush many times when I worked for Jam, from playing clubs when they were a hard rock-metal band in a Led Zeppelin vein to when they played stadiums. They always put on a good show, always.

I saw Led Zepellin on the first American tour; they played the Kinetic Playground in Chicago and were the opening act for Vanilla Fudge, Jethro Tull was the middle act. Good show.
I too saw Rush and was lined up to Zep, but alas, Bonham died and the tour was cancelled. That was one I was really looking forward to. Plant was a great front man. Lee almost the anti frontman.

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
Jim Morrison was a true Rock and Roll hero. Morrison had the looks, he was a rebel, and he wrote his own material along with guitarist Robby Krieger of The Doors.