Best War movie of all time

Best War movie of all time?

• Total voters
Nov 2011
The Dustbin, formerly, Garden of England
You failed to mention Gregory Peck. Why ? Of course, he acted better in ' Behold a Pale Horse ' when he was pitted against Anthony Quinn, again.
Due credit must be given to the great novel by Alastair Maclean, though I have forgotten who wrote the screenplay.
Was it not the same team of director, screenplay writer and cameraman there in the equally great movie ' Lawrence of Arabia ' ?

I got sidetracked why I was composing the post, I had intended to say that there is a rare incidence of Gregory Peck overacting when he supposed to be under stress over killing the spy and arguing with Niven--but it doesn't last long.
Yep, they don't make 'em like that any more.

Sep 2012
India
I think that ' Lawrence of Arabia ' certainly deserved to be included as one of the all-time great war movies. The photography, the acting of Peter O'Toole and other actors, the dialogues, the direction all deserve the very best rating from all the Historum posters.

Jan 2018
San Antonio
I think that ' Lawrence of Arabia ' certainly deserved to be included as one of the all-time great war movies. The photography, the acting of Peter O'Toole and other actors, the dialogues, the direction all deserve the very best rating from all the Historum posters.
Oh yeah. If possible see this movie on the big screen projected in 70mm. Once in awhile the opportunity arises, depending on where you live.

Similar History Discussions