Black Hawk Down

Commander

Historum Emeritas
Jun 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I've been doing some research behind the incident "Black Hawk Down", and have found some good sources for information. But, the main thing I don't understand is, why did the American government send troops their in the first place. And we only lost 18 Rangers out of the thousands of Somalis killed, so why didn't we help the UNAMIR in Rwanda?

Jun 2006
classified
Commander said:
I've been doing some research behind the incident "Black Hawk Down", and have found some good sources for information. But, the main thing I don't understand is, why did the American government send troops their in the first place. And we only lost 18 Rangers out of the thousands of Somalis killed, so why didn't we help the UNAMIR in Rwanda?
At the time Adid's milita was in charge. They ambused Red cross food transports and stuff so President Clinton order Operation: Restore Hope. On 03OCT93 Adid's Lt's (tier 1 personnel) was in the Mog. So Task Force: Ranger along with DELTA Operative went in to secure them. In the extraction the next day SEALs, Pakstani, and U.N. forces went in. The U.S. helped in Rwanda bt didn't "activley" deploy troops

Similar History Discussions